Saturday, January 21, 2017

341st post

*In all of the stories (341) I have told about my life here on earth, I have never

received a critique by email on how I am doing. I'm not begging for a response.

I don't beg, that's for beggars. If you care to, send to me an email at:

fcaricofe@gmail.com

Forrest

"What's the difference between "healthy as a horse", "you can lead a horse to

water, but you can't make him/her drink" or "how to skin a horse? Well, I guess,

that depends on the horse."

Google search: About 235,000 results (0.77 seconds)

No results found for "What's the difference between "healthy as a horse", "you

can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him/her drink" or "how to skin a

horse? Well, I guess, that depends on the horse."

"When you're walking you can go more places and see more things than when

you drive a car, ride in an airplane, travel by train or bus, take the subway,

ride a horse, take the transit or ride on the back of a jackass."

Google search: About 224,000 results (1.96 seconds)

"horse" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we limit queries

to 32 words. No results found for "When you're walking you can go more places

and see more things than when you drive a car, ride in an airplane, travel by train

or bus, take the subway, ride a a horse, take the transit or ride on the back of a

jackass."

CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY....

"Time is running out for me today for posting this story of mine by 6:00 PM EST,

let's continue tomorrow with my walk in down town Wooster...."

I wandered around for a while, walking of course, on the streets of the county seat

of Wayne County (Wooster). I finally got to Buehlers and walked into the dining

area of the store. The restaurant is separate here from the grocery part of the store,

but it is within the grocery part of the store in Orrville. I had the breakfast that I

mentioned yesterday. All were friendly as I like and after leaving more than a

20% tip of $2, I left to go to the Wayne County Visitors Center to see if they had

some picture postcards. I was quite lucky. They did have picture postcards

that cost 5 for a $1. The two women were almost over friendly like myself and

I told them I used the postcards to send to people all over the world as a member

of postcrossing.com. When I said that they said I could have them for nothing

they believing that that was a worthwhile project. I left with both of us smiling

and saying goodbyes and I then proceeded to walk back to Wooster Glass. In the

waiting room I saw a copy of U.S. Civil War magazine that I thoroughly

enjoyed, but did not read it through when the lady I saw yesterday said that

the Honda with new windshield was ready. I could tell by her voice that she had

a cold or the flu. After I asked her about it she said that she worked in a day

care center after work here picking up any number of illnesses that the kids

had brought there.  I empathized with her as I paid for the new windshield

and then smiling with thank you as I left Wooster Glass. And back to the house

in a flash at 70-75 mph on U.S. Route 30 bypass.

"In a free democracy, people should not have to contend with those who refuse

to leave office."

No results found for "In a free democracy, people should not have to contend with

those who refuse to leave office."

*Gambia's ex-president, ahya Jammeh, has finally announced he will ‘relinquish

the mantle of this great nation’ after refusing to do so since the election that gave

the presidency to the newly elected Adama. Surrounding countries have

stationed troops round Gambia's capital, Banjul, to enforce the results of the

election if necessary. Mauritania’s president, Mohamed Abdel Aziz, brokered

ahya Jammeh's exit who will now go into exile.

"Some people cough up enough phlegm to have an oyster dinner."

Google search: About 80,300 results (1.36 seconds)

No results found for "Some people cough up enough phlegm to have an oyster

dinner."

*I had been using skim milk or French vanilla flavoring to lighten my coffee and

I just remembered what Mother had poured on her cereal in her last few years

on earth. She had become allergic to regular milk so I switched to almond or soy

milk for her to pour on her cereal. She enjoyed at time the kid cereal variety that

came 6 to 8 in a pack and were of different varieties.

I bought some almond milk at Rite Aid yesterday to pour in my coffee. Should be

a lot more healthy. What do you think?

*As you get older you talk more about your health. I enjoy talking to people

around my age (74) who are positive concerning their health no matter what

their ailments, like me. I don't like talking to people who whine about their

infirmities. The take everyone down that are within listening distance. I always

have a plan for escaping this type of conversation. Wouldn't you?

*I know you don't see my head and face because I don't post it and maybe you

don't want to because of the way I look. So instead of me posting my face and

head to Facebook, Google +, Tumbler, YouTube, Twitter like the new president,

Wordpress, Blogger.com and LinkedIn who I post to, I'll tell you about some of

the characteristics of my old and wrinkled head and face:

I'll start at the top of my head and move downwards to and including my turkey-

like neck. My head has flowing still brown hair with less than 10 of the grey that

indicates old age. It extends downward 2 inches past my turkey-like neck with

semblance of slight curls at the ends. I cannot tell you about my ears because

my long hair hides both from my sight. But I know they are there because I have

excellant hearing. My eyebrows are black with a touch of grey so I have multi-

colored hair spouting from my head and face: brown, black an grey and I know

what you're thinking. No, I don't dye my hair, that's for sissies. On my old nose I

have rose colored glasses (a song by John Conlee if you care to Google it) which

are bifocals and I also have trifocals and I'm considering purchasing fourfocals

if I have a mine to. My eyes are too far apart more than normal and one is

headed north and the other is headed south. My eyelashes are long like a

woman's because of a prescription medication I'm forced to take.

My nose is almost like a pig's snout its so big and is also old and crooked

because I broke it once. The nostrils of my nose spew liquid that looks much

like brown oysters unless, of course, I cough up from my throat and mouth the

same oyster-like substance. This stuff is strong and resilient because when I

expel this noxious liquid it will remain on the ground for two weeks or so

waiting for me to pick it up and cough it out again or have an oyster dinner.

My mustache is grey like it has been for years and the mouth of mine below it

is crooked from improperly installed false teeth. My tongue is brown on top

from coughing up brown oysters and then pink all around much like the color

of pink roses that grow in the back yard. I have creases on both sides from my

nose to the edges of my mouth that starting from my nose go mainly south and

slightly west and the other going south and slightly east. There also a slight

crease between my lips and my chiny, chin, chin and my throat is turkey-like

like I told you before along with a redneck that means I'm a hillbilly.

I'm looking (1:51 PM 1/21/2017 EST) in the mirror of this old head and face of

mine and can see nothing else that you may or not want to read, so if I can think

of anything else I'll continue the story of this old head and face of mine.

Oh, I did tell one lie. I ain't got no pig's snout, but if I would have continued

drinking like I did, I sure I'd have a big and bulbous nose today. Please forgive

me for that one little white forked-tongue lie I told.

*I'm making my 3rd pot of coffee and I'm way behind on drinking water. Shame

on me.

*I'm making my 4th pot of coffee and I'm way behind on drinking water. Shame

on me again.

*I'm doing good on pooping when I eat foods from my mini-fridge that contain

a lot of fiber. I pooped today at about 10:30 AM. I know that you'ed be anxious to

know.

"One who addicted to gambling is a detriment (disadvantage) to their family."

No results found for "One who is addicted to gambling is a detriment

(disadvantage) to their family."

SPORTS

*I'm going to repeat the information concerning the professional football

playoff games that are scheduled for this Sunday (January 22) so that you

and I will continue to remember and I will make my first predictions:

No. 4 Green Bay (10-6) at No. 2 Atlanta (11-5). TV: 3:05 p.m. EST (Fox)

Line: Falcons -5.

No. 3 Pittsburgh (11-5) at No. 1 New England (14-2). TV: 6:40 p.m. EST (CBS)

Line: Patriots -5.5.

My predictions are below, but I may change them by tomorrow or I may, just

like I said yesterday, "sneak them in to a story of mine when you ain't looking

after the games have already been played so that I'll be perfect in my

predictions.

Green Bay Packers 28, Atlanta Falcons 24. The Falcons are a 5 point favorite to

win so I'm betting on the under dog by 4 points.

New England Patriots 35, Pittsburgh Steelers 21. The Patriots are a 5.5 point

favorite to win and I'm betting on the favorite, not by 5.5 points, but by 14 points.

I'm assuming these are Las Vegas odds which could change hourly depending

upon the amount of money bet on each team.

With my wandering mind I've made the above predictions. If my mind didn't

wonder like I just said, I wander what my predictions would be?

*The manager of the Tottenham Hotspur FC (FĂștbol Club) (or soccer), Mauricio

Pochettino said they had more of a history and supporters than their adversaries

Manchester City FC. Both soccer (FĂștbol Club) teams are members of the Premier

League.

"Assassination is not the proper way to rid a country of a government official."

No results found for "Assassination is not the proper way to rid a country of a

government official."

UNITED STATES BUSINESS

*The Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen says that she does not see any

indication of  a dramatic upsurge in the U.S. economy indicating that the

central bank will raise interest rates soon.

My opinion is that she has not taken into account the words of the new president,

Donald Trump. She is not going to change her liberal ways and therefore will

remain out of reality until somehow she can be replaced by someone who knows

what's really going on. I just searched the internet and found out that the

President can replace her on February 1, 2018.

I hope my expiration date don't come before that.

"In a democracy that's caring for its people, protesters protest no matter how

well they're treated."

No results found for "In a democracy that's caring for its people, protesters

protest no matter how well they're treated."

*217 protesters were arrested at Trump's inauguration yesterday.

*Senators voted Senators yesterday 98-1 to confirm retired 4 star Marine

General James "Mad Dog" Mattis as Defense Secretary.  The senate also

confirmed 4 star retired Marine General John Kelly to lead Homeland Security

by a vote of 88-11. Both were confirmed hours earlier in their congressional

hearings. Both retired Marine generals also served in the Obama administration.

*Democrats called for an extended debate for three-term Kansas congressman,

Rep. Mike Pompeo, Trump's choice for CIA director. Republicans have scheduled

a vote for Monday.

*Trump promises a presidency that is not like any other.

*Of all the things President Trump said yesterday, I believe the following is the

best: He said the government would be given back to the American people and

I believe states rights has something to do with what he said.

*Breaking news (2:01 PM 1/21/2017 EST) from my computer screen and the

Washington Post. The Women's March on Washington, D.C. is to large organizers

say to get safely to White House.

*Woman's Marches, along with men, are happening across the country (U.S.)
today not marching against President Trump, but marching for human and equal

rights and women's solidarity.

*I Just saw Madonna (2:54 PM 1/21/2017 EST) speaking on TV and using

the F-word.

*A man is now speaking saying the old Democratic guard must be replaced.

"The weather ain't subservient (submissive) to no woman, man nor child."

Google search: About 19,100 results (1.28 seconds)

No results found for "The weather ain't subservient (submissive) to no woman,

man nor child."

Today      FOG                                         60° 47°

Sun          SCATTERED_SHOWERS   58° 46°

Mon         RAIN                                       47° 34°

Tue           RAIN_AND_SNOW              40° 37°

*6:36 AM 1/21/2017 EST. I went to Rite Aid yesterday and purchased about 15

cans of Orleans sardines so that's what I fix for myself right now, a sardine

sandwich. I cannot hardly wait to take my first bite of this scrumptious treat.

I'm still having trouble eating because when I bite on anything to eat I also

take a bite of my long hair. I hope the resulting hair ball will not be too hard to

cough up.

*It's (8:09 AM 1/21/2017 EST) and I need to take my morning pills. I usually try

to take my medications by 8:00 AM each morning.

*I just went outside (8:37 AM 1/21/2017 EST) to grab the weather gauge from

the deck. The sun, in all of its brilliance, is coming up in the east, the

temperature is 47°, the humidity is 81%, there is some frost on the deck

windows and the wind is stirring a little from south and the American flag is

not flying because I think it's wet and heavy from last night's rain.

*8:46 AM 1/21/2017. The inside temperature is 71° and the humidity is 81%,

the same as the outside. There is a very little hint of wind which is my

breathing or escaping gases from my rear end.

12:12 PM 1/21/2017 EST. I just got back from Ace Hardware and the attached

grocery store whose name I promised not mention for items that the house

needed and when I got back the temperature only gauge read 58°. I took off

my shoes and socks and walked in shorts and barefooted again to the mailbox.

It's certainly wonderful to cross the yard that cushions your feet and toes again.

Its been a while.