Tuesday, February 28, 2017

379th post - 28 Feb 17 - 2101 EST

FINAL EDITION

President Donald Trump is about to deliver an address to a joint session

of Congress.

This is not technically a State of the Union address. Presidents in their first

year often deliver major speeches in front of Congress that are pretty similar

to a State of the Union, but they aren’t actually referred to by that name, and

oftentimes the speech is a bit more narrowly focused than a State of the

Union address would be. For example, Barack Obama delivered an address

to Congress in February 2009, but he didn’t call it a State of the Union, and he

mainly just talked about the economy.

"Although this is not being referred to as a State of the Union, Trump’s speech

will apparently cover a large variety of topics rather than focusing in on one,

according to Politico.

Here’s what you need to know about Trump’s address to Congress, when it starts,

and how you can watch it:

DATE: February 28, 2017

START TIME: 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT

LENGTH: The address to Congress is expected to last between 60 and 90

minutes, ending no later than 10:30 p.m. ET/7:30 p.m. PT

TV CHANNEL: Trump’s address will be airing on most major TV networks."

congress-what-time-does-start-channel-is-on-livestream-network-length/

"A cat is often unfriendly which is the opposite of the dog."

No results found for "A cat is often unfriendly which is the opposite of the dog."

7:23 AM 2/28/2017 EST. I've just arrived at Leach's Garage for repairs to

Mother's Honda car.The mechanic is going to replace the front rotors, brake

pads, right idler tie rod and an axle shaft. After that I'll drive the Honda car

back to the house and then drive the 2000 VW Beetle back here for a oil

change, filter, check all fluids and a warning light.

I didn't know it yesterday but the three cats are all male and they do what cats

do: "Curious as a cat."

I've lived in 4 different states in the last 2 years. In Virginia, I had an excellent

repair shop to do the repairs in Harrisonburg to do repairs. In Omaha,

Nebraska it was Regency Auto Repair near to where my son, Michael, his wife

Erin and my grandchildren Grayson, Harrison and Evan live.

In Las Vegas, the closes place to my space in living in the parking lot of the

Walmart was a Goodyear and and Firestone at almost double the cost. The only

major repair I needed was a starter motor. The Honda stopped dead in the

parking lot of a O'Reilly Auto Parts, a CVS and a Planet Fitness that I used

everyday for a short exercise routine on the treadmill and a welcome shower

after sleeping the night in the Honda in the Walmart parking lot.

I attempted to remove the starter motor myself and finally accomplished that

task in a few days. The Japanese built the engine compartment with very little

room to work and the starter motor was on the left side facing the Honda and

not on the right side that was normal.

After sleeping at least 2 nights in this parking lot, I began to install the rebuilt

starter motor and got it partially installed when a young man drove up catty-

cornered to the Honda and offered to help. He said he would do it for nothing

but I said I'd pay him $50. It took him a while, but the Honda roared to life and I

gave the young man all the cash I had on me, a little over $70 and well worth it.

*5:04 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Just got back to the house from Leach's

Garage:

Labor $326.40 divided by 6 hours = $54.40 per hour.

Parts $336.93.

Supplies and Disposal $5.00.

Sales Tax $43.44

Total = $711.77.

If I would have taken Mother's Honda to the Honda dealer it would have been

at least a $100 an hour labor because they have to pay the Honda manufacturer,

themselves (the Honda dealer) and the subcontracted mechanic.

At $100.00 at 6 hours labor = $600.00

Parts at least $400.00.

Supplies and Disposal $10.00.

Sales Tax $1010.00 X 6.5%.= $116.50

Total = $1126.50

According to my calculations I saved $414.73.

I hope you see what I mean by seeking out in your community a knowledgeable,

honest and caring mechanic. I'm quite friendly you know and got the name of

an excellent repair shop in Harrisonburg when I talked to a man in a Waffle

House.

*5:44 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Went to Taco Bell to get food for the house and me

and you know by now I walk in and not got through the drive-through. They

are the ones sitting on their butts with their face to their cell phones too lazy to

get out of their vehicle. I walk in, get to talk to strangers face-to-face, carry on

a friendly conversation and get my take out almost before I pay for it while the

first person in line in the drive-through is still waiting.

I hope you folks who go through the drive-through don't get to mad at me for

saying that, I'm just telling you my take out on it. If you're offended, I'm sorry.

TECHNOLOGY

*3:44 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Amazon Web Services Issue Leaves Part of the Internet

in Disarray - NBCNews.com - 17 minutes ago.

*8:06 PM 2/28/2017 EST. YouTube unveils live TV service for cord cutters

Reuters - 12 minutes ago.

BUSINESS

*3:44 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Fed's Harker repeats he sees three rate hikes in 2017

Reuters - 7 minutes ago

""There is an old saying that goes "you can't have your pancake and eat it too.""

Google search: 9 results (0.98 seconds) and then advertisements only.

Come on Google. I need your cooperation today, please.

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*Pączki Day

Observed 47 days before Easter

*Rare Disease Day

checkiday.com

What Happened On This Day – February 28

*2013 Pope Benedict XVI resigns

The pope whose birth name is Joseph Ratzinger was the first leader of the

Catholic Church to resign since 1415.

*1991 The first Gulf War ends. The armed conflict had lasted a little over half

a year and claimed over 100,000 civilian casualties.

*1986 Swedish prime minister Olof Palme is assassinated. Even though

over 130 people have confessed to the murder, the case has never been

solved.

*1975 A London underground train crashes into the end of the tunnel at

Moorgate station. The Moorgate tube crash claimed 43 lives and was the

deadliest accident in the London Underground in during peacetime.

*1935 Nylon is invented. Wallace Carothers first produced the polymer at the

DuPont Experimental Station in Wilmington, Delaware, United States.

"Are you closer to being born or dying? You know that you can't figure it out.

It's up to God or the devil for figuring that out."

No results found for "Are you closer to being born or dying? You know that you

can't figure it out. It's up to God or the devil for figuring that out."

Births On This Day – February 28

*1925 Friedrich Ebert

German politician, 1st President of Germany

*1916 Henry James

American/English author

www.checkiday.com

*12:57 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Explosions rock Serbia ammunition depot, killing

at least 1 - Fox News - 10 minutes ago.

*2:52 PM 2/28/2017EST. EU should pay more to return African migrants home

from Libya, Malta says. Reuters - 22 minutes ago.

*7:06 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Mexico may force Slim's America Movil to separate

fixed unit -sources - Reuters - 9 minutes ago

*7:06 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Trump: I'm Open to Legal Status for Some

Undocumented Immigrants - NBCNews.com - 12 minutes ago

""If you can't cut the mustard" stay out of the indoor outhouse.""

Google search: About 0 results (0.42 seconds)

Search Results

""If you can't cut the mustard" stay out of the indoor outhouse."" Forrest ...

6 hours ago - ""If you can't cut the mustard" stay out of the indoor outhouse.""

Forrest 379th post - 28 Feb 17 - 1318 EST. Woops, I've already posted that to

Facebook.

*7:05 AM 2/28/2017 EST. I just took a shower for the first time in 3 days before

I drive to Leach's Garage. When I can work in the flower beds and the yard, I, of

course,take a shower ever day. I use Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner

when I'm showering and use a blue beach towel to dry off. Using a regular towel

is like using a small wash rag to me. I then spray my mostly brown hair only a

few "shades of grey" with Pureology with 21 essential benefits. I then comb it

out with a pitchfork-like comb but with with 12 prongs and not like 5 prongs of

the pitchfork and and only 6 inches tall and not the 6 foot of a pitchfork. Today

I had to cut out a hairball about the size of large olive.

*11:17 AM 2/28/2017 EST. I'm having an Orleans sardine sandwich with two

slices of roma tomatoes, an little mustard and Himalayan Pink Salt. A chef's

delight.

*I told you about going to Dr. Kwok's office recently and that he tasks his almost

nurses to give shots in the high hip area. On this particularly day I only received

1 shot which is rare and the nurse instructioning me to raise my left foot and put

all my weight on my right foot like male dog pissing on the bottom of a tree trunk

declaring to all other dogs that this is his territory and not theirs.

And Dr. Kwok always electronically sends prescription medications for me to

Rite Aid in Orrville. You already know that I rename prescription medications

in order to remember them better and my all time favorite on the Billboard

Hit Parade is Sarah Palin. Dr. Kwok usually prescribes for me the antibiotic,

Prednisone, which I call Pregnant Zone. But this time he prescribed for an

antibiotic medication named Cephalexin 500 mg. So, I need to rename this

prescription medication. Let me think a little bit? Shep Alexie. Not bad.

The shep stands for sheppard and the Alexie stands for my nephew, Kevin's,

oldest daughter, Alexis, and sounding it out would be Shepalexie, like

"Shop for a Lexus."

"A man I knew once who said his name was Aron Johannsson and lived in

Denmark, became known to me later as Aron the Scammer."

Google search: Your search - "A man I knew once who said his name was Aron

Johansen and lived in Denmark ... - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

Try different keywords.

Try more general keywords.

I give up, Google. Three strikes I'm out.

CRIMINAL MINDS

*Crime Number 1: "We have decided to forgive Lonnie Smith." This is what I

typed in yesterday's post and I believe, he's upstairs now talking to Carolyn

because I heard his truck pulling in and turning off the key to shut down the

engine. Is he asking for something else? I won't know until I talk to Carolyn.

*Crime Number 2: I did not have a chance to go to the Wooster Police

Department today because I had to deal with driving the Honda and the black

2000 VW Beetle to Leach's Garage and paying them for the Honda repair about

4:31 PM 2/28/2017 EST. I will go tomorrow and I'll tell you a story of my step

brother-in-law, Johnny Rafter.

*Evil Number 1: I received a phone call from the young woman and the young

man today. They said that they may have someone to handle their case and I

said I know someone by name and I will disclose it if they take the case.

*Crime Number 3: ""This is about a scammer from Denmark (?) who I met online.""

"This I typed in yesterday's story and I'll have more information tomorrow. It

started in Las Vegas and I need to go back about 9 months."

I got online to look for a job and I saw a proposition to earn $3000 a month after

I had completed all tasks that were assigned to me for a travel agency in

Denmark represented by Aron Johansen. OK, I said let's check this out. I have

kept all the emails and paperwork that I had copied at Staples that was close

to a 99.99 Cents Store and across Graig Road West from the O'Reillys, CVS and

Planet Fitness I mentioned before. I need to consult that paperwork and emails

before I continue tomorrow.

"The one who has the greatest legacy in the White House during the last 8 years

was not the President, Barack Obama, but his wife, Michelle, who encouraged

all Americans to live a healthier lifestyle."

Google search: "a" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we

limit queries to 32 words.

Your search - "The one who has the greatest legacy in the White House during

the last 8 years was not ... - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.

Try different keywords.

Try more general keywords.

I've struck out a few times today??

*6:34 AM 2/28/2017 EST. Trump Concedes Health Law Overhaul Is

'Unbelievably Complex' - New York Times - 30 minutes ago.

*2:52 PM 2/28/2017 EST. TransCanada's $15 billion US Keystone XL NAFTA suit

suspended - Reuters - 18 minutes ago.

*2:52 PM 2/28/2017.EST. DREAMers invited to Trump speech as guests of

Democratic lawmakers. USA TODAY - 39 minutes ago.

*3:00 PM 2/28/2017 EST. "Trump Grades His Presidency With an 'A.' One

Democrat Plans a Shunning. The State of the Union is … not happening this year,

technically. But in a prime-time address on Tuesday to a joint session of

Congress, President Trump is expected to deliver the equivalent: a speech

intended to set the course for his near-term ...New York Times - ‎1 hour ago.

*3:44 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Trump Aims To 'Eliminate' Clean Water Rule

NPR - 14 minutes ago.

*7:06 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Facebook post on VA treatment of patients causes

uproar - Fox News - 34 minutes ago.

8:43 PM 2/28/2017*8:06 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Penguin Random House wins bidding

war for Obama's' books CNN Money - 31 minutes ago.

*8:06 PM 2/28/2017 EST. Excerpts from a 'nightmare': What an accused face-

eating Florida teen told Dr. Phil about the attack

Washington Post - 32 minutes ago.

MY OPINION

President Trump has spent sometime at his estate in Mar a Largo in Florida

still works from there. When the First Lady, his wife, Ivana, helps him there

or from afar in Trump Towers in New York. President Trump, like with his

business empire, has accomplished more in about 28 days that any President

I remember in my 74 years of life.

President Barack Obama and his family spent about 20% (just a guess on my

part) of his presidency on vacation to Hawaii, he playing golf with Tiger Woods

and others and vacations with his family to other places in the world like the

Princess of Wales, Diana, use to do, Pope Francis, Secretary of State, Hillary

Clinton, former Secretary of State John Kerry and others traveled to.

President Obama's legacy which all important people tend to think about. Not

Obama Care (Affordable Care Act) because it's being changed "as we speak."

The killing of Osama Bin Laden? No, the Taliban are still alive and kicking in

Afghanistan and other places in the world were terrorists gather to enforce their

brand of radical Islam on to others by barbaric means.

The greatest legacy in President Obama's 8 years in the White House is another

person in the White House, his wife Michelle, for upgrading the nutrition in the

schools, changing the food pyramid and encouraging all Americans to live a

more healthy lifestyle.

"If the weather is much too cold for you contact the devil at 1-hot-the-devi.........l."

Google search: About 636,000 results (1.42 seconds)

Did you mean: "If the weather is much too cold for you contact the devil

at 1-hot-the-devil."

No results found for "If the weather is much too cold for you contact the devil

at 1-hot-the-devi.........l."

No Google, I mean what I say.

Today    SCATTERED_THUNDERSTORMS   55° 52°

Wed       SCATTERED_THUNDERSTORMS   62° 28°

Thu        CLOUDY                                                 37° 25°

Fri          MOSTLY_CLOUDY                              32° 20°

*9:29 AM 2/28/2017 EST. Just now got back from Leach's Garage, the man who

does the cleaning drove me here in a van because the repair work I told you

about is going to take several hours. When they phone when the repair work

is finished, I'll drive the 2000 VW Beetle there to have a warning light checked.

Probably shouldn't take too long so I'll just wait and continue typing this story

of my life for today.

The temperature from temperature only gauge is 48° and the humidity is at least

75% because there was a few drops of rain on the windshield coming back in

the van. The wind is blowing about 10 mph (miles per hour) more or less from

the southeast and sun is playing hide and seek from the Heavens that are grey-

white in color.