Thursday, March 2, 2017

381st post - 2 Mar 17 - 2134 EST

FINAL EDITION

"Incarceration can sometimes make a man better because of what he has been

through."

No results found for "Incarceration can sometimes make a man better because

of what he has been through."

*7:34 AM 3/2/2017 EST. "Morning.""Morning.""I finished my CBL (Computer

Based Learning)'s yesterday and I'll start today pushing carts with guidance for

a while until I get the hang of it.""That's great.""To be free and to have a job has

been a long time coming. Have you applied yet?""No, I've been to Wooster

several times in the last few days, but I've been busy with other matters like

the police report, finally deciding to forgive Lonnie and the other matters that

I told you we needed to kept secret for a while. Leach's Garage has finished

repairing the Honda and the VW (Volkswagon) and I'll pick the VW up

sometime today.""Yes I know most of what you've experienced in reading the

stories of your life. I have not had the time yet to start writing the stories of my

life, but I will with your help, please?""Certainly, Ryan Michael. I should be

able to avoid some of the beginning mistakes.""Thanks, but gotta go, I don't

want to be late. Take care.""You too, see you."

I don't remember now how many years Ryan Michael served in prison because

that was told by me in one of the past stories of my life, but I've often wondered

if I've done something in my past to deserve the same price as he?

*12:47 PM 3/2/2017 EST. I just got back to the house after walking to Leach's

Garage to pick up the black VW (Volkswagen). The bill was only $211.54

about half or less that it would have cost at a VW dealer. Deb told me that

they charged $68.00 an hour for labor whereas dealers charge about $120.00

an hour more or less.

"I've wondered for a long time if Dr. Seuss liked Banana Cream Pie?"

Google search: About 841,000 results (1.55 seconds)

No results found for "I've wondered for a long time if Dr. Seuss liked Banana

Cream Pie?"

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*National Banana Cream Pie Day

*National Old Stuff Day

*National Read Across America Day

Also known as Dr. Seuss Day

Observed the closest weekday to March 2nd

What Happened On This Day – March 2

*1995 The top quark is discovered. The existence of this elementary particle,

the bottom quark's counterpart, had been presumed since the 1970's.

*1970 Rhodesia declares itself an independent republic by severing the

country's ties with the United Kingdom, white Prime Minister Ian Smith attempted

to prevent the institution of black majority rule.

*1969 Concorde takes off on its maiden flight. The supersonic airliner was

retired in 2003, after Air France Flight 4590 crashed shortly after takeoff from

Paris Charles de Gaulle airport on July 25, 2000.

*1959 Miles Davis records Kind of Blue. It is considered the best-selling jazz

album in history and one of the most influential works of jazz music ever

produced.

*1933 The film King Kong premieres. The black and white movie marked a

milestone in the history of film, especially due to Willis O’Brien's stop-motion

effects.

*Births On This Day – March 2

1968 Daniel Craig - English actor

1962 Jon Bon Jovi - American singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, actor

1931 Mikhail Gorbachev. Soviet lawyer, politician, President of the Soviet

Union, Nobel Prize laureate

1904 Dr. Seuss - American author, poet, illustrator

1900 Kurt Weill - German/American composer

*Deaths On This Day – March 2

1999 Dusty Springfield - English singer, producer

1991 Serge Gainsbourg - French singer-songwriter, actor, director

1982 Philip K. Dick - American author

1930 D. H. Lawrence - English novelist

1619 Anne of Denmark

"Is there no good news in our world again today?"

No results found for "Is there no good news in our world again today?"

*8:25 PM 3/2/2017 EST. EU lifts Le Pen's immunity from prosecution after ISIS

tweets.

The European Parliament voted Thursday to lift French far-right leader Marine

Le Pen's immunity from prosecution after Le Pen tweeted images of violence

perpetrated by ISIS. Fox News - ‎12 hours ago‎.

*8:34 PM 3/2/2017 EST. Hezbollah, Russia and the US help Syria retake Palmyra

BEIRUT - Syrian government forces recaptured the historic city of Palmyra from

the Islamic State on Thursday, aided by Lebanon's Hezbollah, the Russian

military and, indirectly, U.S. Washington Post - ‎50 minutes ago‎

*8:37 PM 3/2/2017 EST. US launches first military action in Yemen since Navy

SEAL Ryan Owens killed.

The U.S. on Thursday engaged in its first military action in Yemen since the

raid that killed Navy SEAL Ryan Owens in January, three U.S. Fox News -

‎9 hours ago‎

"The world seems so much smaller, when you meet a perfect stranger, who

knows someone you know."

No results found for "The world seems so much smaller, when you meet a perfect

stranger, who knows someone you know."

QUOTES, RAMBLINGS AND SUCH

*I told you about the man in McDonald's who told me about the bear spray, but

I didn't tell you about the couple who knew someone who had gone to

Bridgewater College in Bridgewater, Virginia. This is the institution of higher

learning that graduated from in 1969. They were familiar with a lot of landmarks

in Bridgewater and Harrisonburg that I knew by heart. The said that they would

tell their friend about this part of my life. We all said goodbye and I said to them

"have a wonderful life."

"A lot of people worry a lot about dying. Not me, dying is just another part in the

adventure of life."

No results found for "A lot of people worry a lot about dying. Not me, dying is

just another part in the adventure of life."

*I was abnormally wore out yesterday and the Last Edition of my story (380th)

of my life was of poor quality. President Trump gave himself an 'A' just recently

for he and his administration's accomplishments so far, but my story of

yesterday deserves only a 'F.' But I'm up and moving now just like yesterday

never happened.

*8:44 AM 3/2/2017 EST. My first taste of food for this morning is my usual. An

Orleans sardine sandwich with gluten-free Shar bread, two slices of roma

tomatoes, a spit of mustard and Himalayan Pink Salt. "Perfect in Everyway."

'OH LORD IT'S HARD TO BE HUMBLE' - Mac Davis - YouTube.

This song is dedicated to all you arrogant people out there.

*12 Cancer Symptoms You Should Never Ignore

"Cancer is an insidious killer. Often, it sneaks up on people and gets a

stranglehold on their health before they even realize that something is wrong.

Yet survival often depends on how early cancer is caught — and that means

knowing the signs a tumor is present.

“I think ‘persistence’ is a key word,” notes Dr. Therese Bevers, medical director

of the Cancer Prevention Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

“If you have a symptom that persists, and you don’t know what the cause of it is

for sure, you need to get it checked out.”

Here are several potential early warning signs of cancer that you should never

ignore:

1. Persistent cough or hoarseness: These are common symptoms of respiratory

infections, but if they don’t go away after three or four weeks, get checked out.

They could be warning signs of lung, laryngeal, esophageal, or thyroid cancer.

2. Unexplained weight loss: You may think it’s great that you’re finally

dropping some pounds without even trying, but Bevers warns: “That doesn’t

happen in healthy adults. Go see your doctor if you lose 10 pounds or more.”

3. Difficulty swallowing: “Head and neck cancers can affect mucus membranes,

and you need that lubrication to swallow,” says Carolyn “Bo” Aldigé, founder

and president of the nonprofit Prevent Cancer Foundation.

4. Extreme fatigue: Low energy can be a symptom of a variety of health

problems ranging from nutritional deficiencies to sleep apnea. But it’s also

common to many forms of cancer, particularly stomach, colon, and leukemia.

5. Changes in bowel movements: Besides bleeding, if stools are narrower

or looser than what is normal for you, or you start going more frequently or

at different times of the day, it could be a sign of colorectal cancer.

“Persistent constipation is another red flag,” Bevers tells Newsmax Health.

6. Enlarged belly veins: If you’re suddenly able to see blood vessels through

the skin of your abdomen, it could signal liver cancer. “It’s a rare symptom,”

says Bevers, “but liver cancer often doesn’t give any early warning signs at

all.”

7. Itching: Itchy skin has many causes, and it’s rarely cancer-generated. But

unexplained itchiness could signal certain types of blood cancers or

lymphomas.

8. Bloating: “A lot of women have a feeling of being constantly bloated, and

that is something doctors will often shrug off,” says Aldigé. “Then it turns out

they have ovarian cancer. Bloating is much more symptomatic of ovarian cancer

than other cancers.”

9. Changes in breasts: Lumps aren’t the only sign of breast cancer. The

puckering of nipples, pain, tenderness, discharges, and the scaling or itching

of skin are all potential harbingers. And it’s not just women who are at risk.

About one in a 1,000 men get it too.

10. Persistent earache: This could signal oral cancer. That’s because sensation

at the back of the tongue and in the ear are served by the same nerve. Other

signs of oral cancer include mouth ulcers that won’t go away and a lump in the

neck.

11. Chronic heartburn: A little indigestion never hurt anyone, but when you

have it all of the time it could be a symptom of esophageal cancer.

12. Changes in moles: “Pay attention to moles,” says Aldigé, noting

abnormalities can indicate skin cancer. “Any changes in size or shape, or any

mole larger than a pencil eraser, should be checked out. It’s not just changes

but also any new mole, especially if it’s dark. That’s concerning to me.”

And how to stop it!

"You have cancer" are three words you never want to hear . . .

And yet, over 5,000 people in North America do hear those words, every single

day. That’s a serious problem because cancer death rates are essentially

unchanged over the past 80 years. And conventional cancer treatments —

surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy — have largely failed us.

You should know that cancer cells form in your body at various times, and

only your strong immune system can stop them. Fortunately . . ."

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received this Newsmax email

because you subscribed to it or someone forwarded it to you.

This email was sent by:

Newsmax.com

1501 Northpoint Parkway, Suite 104

West Palm Beach, FL 33407 USA

BUSINESS

*8:28 PM 3/2/2017 EST. Snap's shares pop after year's biggest IPO.

NEW YORK Snap Inc's (SNAP.N) shares ended up 44 percent on their first day

of trading as investors flocked to buy into the hottest technology stock offering

in three years, overcoming doubts about the loss-making messaging app

company's slowing user ...Reuters - ‎35 minutes ago‎

CRIMINAL MINDS

*Crime Number 1: Lonnie Smith's case is on hold for now. W'll see what happens.

*Crime Number 2: "I'll tell you a story of my step brother-in-law, Johnny Rafter

tomorrow, I hope.

I also need to deal with a billing that my PNC Bank mailed to me that I don't

understand quite yet.

*Evil Number 1: Those two young people and I are getting closer every minute

and I'll let you know if there is something I can tell.

*Crime Number 3: Aron the Scammer. I have not had time to get additional

information because of taking Bill to the emergency room. I hope I'll have some

time tomorrow?

*8:18 PM 3/2/2017 EST. Trump's 'bromance' with Russia's Putin appears to be

cooling - Reuters - 6 minutes ago

*8:39 PM 3/2/2017 EST. Ben Carson wins Senate confirmation as housing

secretary.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson was confirmed by the Senate Thursday to

become housing secretary in the Trump administration. Carson, a former

Republican presidential candidate who battled Trump for the GOP nomination,

was confirmed. Fox News - ‎8 hours ago‎

""Will my hair be "Fifty Shades of Grey" when I pass on to Heaven?""

pass to Heaven?"

Google search: About 11,700,000 results (1.05 seconds).

WEATHER - 5:58 AM 3/2/2017

Today     SHOWERS_SNOW    35° 21°

Fri          SHOWERS_SNOW    27° 16°

Sat          MOSTLY_SUNNY      37° 23°

Sun         PARTLY_CLOUDY    53° 42°

*7:28 AM 3/2/2017 EST. I'm backed in the house after going outdoors. The

temperature is 30°, the humidity is 64% and a hint of snow upon the driveway

and ground. The wind is strong today blowing in from the west at about 15 mph

(miles per hour). The sun is really trying to poke its face from around the white-

dark cotton-like clouds, the same colors as my Father and Mother's when they

finally passed to Heaven.

*9:36 AM 3/2/2017 EST. There is no heat outlet in my cell-like room in the

basement and I would rather it be too cold than too hot. The temperature is 67°

and the humidity is 49%. Perfect.

*The wind has been rough on humans today. That 35° that was promised turned

into a wind chill of 25° or less.