Monday, March 6, 2017

385th post - 6 Mar 17 - 2037 EST FINAL EDITION

"The quality of thoughts of what one says, to be read by others, is often not what

is said, but what is believed to be said."

Google search: About 2,260,000,000 results (1.70 seconds)

No results found for "The quality of thoughts of what one says, to be read by

others, is often not what is said, but what is believed to be said."

*The story of yesterday was not as good a quality that I would have liked. I'm still

concentrating on the importance of quantity and not quality. So I need to change

that. Instead of 2500 words a day average I could bring it down closer to 2000

words and make it much more interesting than before to both you and to me.

*We went to see Bill at the Wooster Community Hospital again yesterday

afternoon. In the last 2 nights and days he says he has had only about 4 hours

sleep. I hope he got some sleep last night. Because of his COPD he has other

issues which the kind staff at the hospital are attempting to deal with. His heart

has been going in and out of rhythm, his blood pressure rises and falls, he

becomes very short of breath at times and some other issues that I don't

remember at this time, but all-in-all he's a 100% better now than when the

rescue squad brought him into the emergency room.

"I've often wondered what people who spell their name ass backwards would

turn out to be in the end?"

No results found for "I've often wondered what people who spell their name

ass backwards would turn out to be in the end?"

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*Alamo Day -

Date - February 23  – March 6, 1836

Location - San Antonio, Mexican Texas

Result - Mexican victory

Belligerents

Mexico - Republic of Texas

Commanders and leaders

Mexico Antonio López de Santa Anna

Manuel Fernandez Castrillon

Martin Perfecto de Cos

William Travis

James Bowie

Strength

Mexico - 1,800

Republic of Texas - 185–260

Casualties and losses

400–600 killed and wounded

*Casimir Pulaski Day - Casimir Pulaski Day Holiday

Casimir Pulaski Day is a local holiday officially observed in Chicago, Illinois

on the first Monday of every March in memory of Casimir Pulaski, a

Revolutionary War cavalry officer born in Poland as Kazimierz Pułaski.

Observed the first Monday of March

*Dentist's Day - I don't have to go to the dreaded dentist office anymore

because I have false teeth. If you want to know about my brother Roland and

my visits to the dentist in Bridgewater, Virginia ask him. He lives in Florida.

*Fun Facts About Names Day - Caricofe spelled backwards is Efocirac. I've just

invented a new name for a prescription medication, Efocirac 500 mg.

Observed Monday of the first full week of March

*National Frozen Food Day

*National Oreo Cookie Day

*National White Chocolate Cheesecake Day - A little too much sugar for my

yearnings.

www.checkiday.com

What Happened On This Day – March 6

*1987 193 people die when a ferry capsizes in the North Sea. The Herald of Free

Enterprise sank just minutes after leaving the Belgian port of Zeebrugge.

*1967 Stalin's daughter defects to the West. The Soviet dictator's daughter,

Svetlana Alliluyeva, caused an international uproar when she approached the

United States embassy in New Delhi and later became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

*1957 Ghana becomes the first African country to gain independence from

colonial rule. Ghana emerged as a sovereign state from the former British

colonies Gold Coast and Togoland. Kwame Nkrumah was the country's first

leader.

*1899 The painkiller Aspirin is registered as a trademark. Acetylsalicylic acid

was first isolated in 1897 by German chemist Felix Hoffmann. Today, the

medication is sold by Bayer and is on the World Health Organization's list of

essential medicines.

*1869 The first periodic table of chemical elements is presented. Dmitri

Mendeleev presented the system to the Russian Chemical Society on that day.

www.checkiday.com

*6:14 AM 3/6/2017 EST. US-backed Syrian force cuts last main road out of IS

stronghold-source, monitor - Reuters - 16 minutes ago

*8:32 AM 3/6/2017 EST. Germany says EU must check if Turkey funds achieving

intended aims - Reuters - 22 minutes ago

*8:32 AM 3/6/2017 EST. Sarkozy camp asks France's Fillon to replace himself as

candidate: source - Reuters - 37 minutes ago

*1:17 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Germany rejects Erdogan's 'absurd' Nazi comparison,

calls for calm - Reuters - 32 minutes ago

*1:23 PM 3/6/2017 EST. EU Official: Trump Trade Threat May Unite World

Against US

*1:23 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Trump Uncertainty Said to Slow Travel Bookings to US

"If you're a professional whiner and complainer stay away from me. Period."

Google search: About 20,600 results (1.06 seconds)

No results found for "If you're a professional whiner and complainer stay away

from me. Period."

QUOTES, RAMBLINGS AND SUCH

*I met a man several days ago in the grocery store I will not mention who by his

cap indicated that he was veteran. I always thank these persons for their service

to their country. These greetings are most often short with me telling I was

drafted if they ask about me. You can always learn from other people not by

talking, but by listening. He told me that the military draft ended in 1965 and

I thought to myself, if I could have outrun the draft for 1 more year, I would have

not been drafted at all. I was drafted in 1964 in Los Angeles and transferred my

draft status from Harrisonburg, Virginia to Los Angeles.

But you know what? I would have eventually joined 1 of the 5 branches of the

military because I would have wanted to do my part to keep this country free.

"Home of the Free because of the Brave."

*My Mother went to a senior center until the last 5 years of her life more or less,

there is a senior center in Smithville and a lot of places seniors can go to

socialize, have a meal and do other senior activities. I'm 74 years old but I don't

consider myself to be a senior citizen. I do get the senior discounts when

available, but I think I'd rather die than listen to a bunch of old people whining

about their illness, maladies and other infirmities. And another thing, a lot of

old people are constantly grieving about lost loved ones that have been dead

for years. A funeral is place for that and then stop grieving, they're a lot better

off than you ever thought about being here on earth.

"If you can't call pon haus by its' right name you shouldn't be allowed to eat it."

Google search: About 409,000 results (1.61 seconds)

No results found for "If you can't call pon haus by its' right name you shouldn't be

allowed to eat it."

*11:27 PM 3/6/2017 EST. I told you sometime ago that after over 20 years I can

eat beef and pork again. Well, this morning after eating my usual Orleans sardine

sandwich, I fried up a mess of pon haus (you yankees call it scrapple) and 4 over-

eggs in olive oil. I enjoyed it immensely.

"I define evil in part by those who care only about themselves and caring about

no one else."

No results found for "I define evil in part by those who care only about

themselves and caring about no one else."

CRIMINAL MINDS

*Crime Number 2: "This a repeat of what I typed last night and again: "I'll tell

you a story of my step brother-in-law, Johnny Rafter tomorrow." I've decided

to talk to a sheriff's deputy before I type Johnny's Story.

8:46 AM 3/6/2017 EST. No change.

*Evil Number 1: I'm in the early stages of typing those two young people's story.

When I complete it I'll mail it, return receipt requested, to someone in Chicago

who might be able to help them. I'll only mention names if those in Chicago

agree to help.

*Crime Number 3: "Aron the Scammer. Just to recap a little Aron Johansen

promised in an email that I would be paid $3000 a month upon completing

the tasks he assigned to me for he's travel agency based in Denmark. I "smelled

a rat" right away because he said I would represent his agency's clients

traveling to Europe and that I would receive the traveler's payment for travel

and then cash the check and send a moneygram to the agency's branch office

in Warsaw, Poland??? Why can't the traveler wire the money directly to the

travel agency?

TO BE CONTINUED....

*Evil Number 2: "That fat little evil dictator @#^$%#*%who feeds his vast army,

but starves his people is at it again. Just leave me in a room alone with that fat

little @#^$%#*% for ten minutes...." is what I typed yesterday and I'll continue

with my plan to get rid of that fat little @#^$%#*% which I started to tell you

several stories ago ....

TO BE CONTINUED....

"How can a performer gain weight by being in the same country as a politician?"

No results found for "How can a performer gain weight by being in the same

country as a politician?"

ENTERTAINMENT

*1:23 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Streisand Blames Trump for Making Her Gain Weight

*1:23 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Stephen King Mocks Trump on Twitter Over Wiretaps

Allegations

*6:14 AM 3/6/2017 EST. It's not just deportations and the border: Trump seeks to

remake the immigration system - Washington Post - 5 minutes ago

*6:41 AM 3/6/2017 EST. Congress will investigate Trump's wiretap claims

Business Insider - 16 minutes ago

*8:32 AM 3/6/2017 EST. WH spokeswoman doesn't think Trump accepts FBI's

reported denial of alleged wiretapping - ABC News - 30 minutes ago

*1:17 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Trump signs revised travel ban order, leaves Iraq off

Reuters - 12 minutes ago

*1:17 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Islamic School Walked Away from Nearly $1M in Federal

Funding Because of Trump - NBCNews.com - 13 minutes ago

*1:23 PM 3/6/2017 EST. Comey Urges Justice Dept. to Reject Trump Claim on

Wiretap

*8:25 PM 3/6/2017 EST. House Republicans release long-awaited ObamaCare

replacement bill.

House Republicans on Monday evening released the text of their long-awaited

ObamaCare replacement bill, calling to eliminate the various taxes and

penalties tied to the original legislation while still preserving certain patient

protections. Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎

"My gauge for the weather is if I can go barefoot in the grass or not."

No results found for "My gauge for the weather is if I can go barefoot in the

grass or not."

Today  CLOUDY                      54° 50°

Tue       RAIN                             56° 36°

Wed      CLOUDY                      51° 29°

Thu       MOSTLY_CLOUDY   46° 26°

*7:14 AM 3/6/2017 EST. Went outdoors to take all the trash from the house to the

containers and then take the containers to the front near the road for Waste

Management to pick up. After that I took off my shoes and went barefooted in the

grass around the west side of the house and up on the deck. The weather gauge

reads a temperature of 45° and the humidity is 66% with no wind to speak of.

The Heavens are filled with various shades of grey clouds and no sun as yet.

9:19 AM 3/6/2017 EST. The in-the-house temperature is 68° and the humidity