Tuesday, March 7, 2017

386th post - 7 Mar 17 - 2118 EST - FINAL EDITION

"I know a hospital who also kind to friends and family of the patient."

Google search: About 2,980,000,000 results (1.40 seconds)

No results found for "I know a hospital who also kind to friends and family of

the patient.".

*We went to see Bill again in the hospital yesterday afternoon from

about 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM. Like I said before he is doing a 100% better than

when the rescue squad brought him to the emergency room. His assigned

nurse was in his room when we got there and said, basically, that Bill needed

a tuneup which meant that all of his prescription medications had to be looked

at to see which ones were working or not working and other treatments that

may help or not help. There was also some talk about him going into

rehabilitation for a while.

*I almost forgot to pick up the magnetic signs I had ordered from Fought Signs

in Wooster. Two of the magnetic signs are for both sides of Mother's Honda

and are just about like the front of my business card. The smaller sign for the

back of the car says Trump - Pence. The Honda is now almost overloaded with

magnetic signs of some kind.

*5:25 PM 3/7/2017 EST. There is a possibility that Bill will be released from the

hospital tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

"What would you prefer to eat? A buffalo sandwich, a sardine sandwich or a

Peace of Corp (carp)?"

Google search: about 55, 400 results (1.09 seconds)

No results found for: "What would you prefer to eat? A buffalo sandwich, a

sardine sandwich or a Peace of Corp (carp)?"

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*National Be Heard Day - Is that a heard of wild buffalo's?

*National Cereal Day - I don't eat cereal like most people. I eat a sardine

sandwich for breakfast. You see, I ain't like most people.

*National Sportsmanship Day

Observed the first Tuesday of March

*Peace Corp Day - I always wanted to join the Peace Corp but the time was

never right and for now I have responsibilities here taking care of those

younger people in the house. But I ain't going to give up. Maybe one day I'll

have the opportunity again.

Observed the first Tuesday of March

*Unique Names Day - I believe almost everyone is proud of their name including

me.

Observed Tuesday of the first full week of March

What Happened On This Day – March 7

*1971 A speech by Sheikh Mujibur Rahman helps spark the Bangladesh war of

independence. Bangladesh's founding leader made his historical speech at a

time of mounting tensions between East Pakistan, which later became

Bangladesh, and West Pakistan, which became present-day Pakistan.

*1965 Police brutally attack civil rights marchers in Selma, Alabama. Scores of

demonstrators were injured, and the day entered history books as Bloody

Sunday. The event helped to shift public opinion in favor of the Civil Rights

movement.

*1945 U.S. troops capture the Ludendorff Bridge and cross the Rhine at

Remagen. The legendary capture yielded little strategic advantage but it

elevated the morale of the U.S. troops in pursuit of retreating German fighters,

*1926 The first two-way transatlantic telephone takes place. The conversation

between the post office in London and Bell Laboratories in New York was

established using a shortwave radio signal.

*1900 The SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse becomes the first ship to send

wireless signals to shore. The German transatlantic liner was fitted with

wireless communication by its owner, Norddeutscher Lloyd, in order to outdo

its rival Hamburg America Line.

"The world is getting a little closer in getting rid of the evil that is ISIS (Islamic

State of Iraq and Syria)."

Google search: About 114,000 results (1.80 seconds)

No results found for "The world is getting a little closer in getting rid of the evil

that is ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria)."

*5:34 AM 3/7/2017 EST. Iraqi forces recapture Mosul government buildings,

museum - Reuters - 11 minutes ago

*5:34 AM 3/7/2017 EST. North Korea bars Malaysians from leaving as murder

row boils - Reuters - 30 minutes ago

*5:46 AM 3/7/2017 EST. Many skiers swept away by avalanche at French ski

resort: emergency workers - Reuters - 6 minutes ago

3:04 PM 3/7/2017 EST. Turkish minister accuses Germany of political pressure on

Turks - Reuters - 9 minutes ago

3:04 PM 3/7/2017 EST. Libyan oil guard head says asked to protect oil ports after

clashes - Reuters - 13 minutes ago

*8:42 PM 3/7/2017 EST. Panama ex-dictator Noriega in coma after brain surgery

Reuters - 5 minutes ago

QUOTES, RAMBLINGS AND SUCH

*I met a young woman whose name was Ruby. That's one of the good old names

from long ago that I cherish. And you know that there is almost always a song

associated with names of times past. This happens to be another country song

and you might think that I only like country music, but I don't. I like all kinds of

music and I'll use them when the time is appropriate.

"Is there really a wonder pill that can do almost everything for a healthier you?"

No results found for "Is there really a wonder pill that can do almost everything

for a healthier you?"

*I pooped last night about 9:00 PM and feel like I'm about to go again. Why do I

type about this? It concerns your and my health doesn't it. Another item for your

daily journal.

*I've talked about Turmeric Curcumin being the "pill of the century" on

several occasions. But that article I included in several stories ago stated that

both Turmeric and Curcumin should be taken together and not just Turmeric

alone.

*6:03 PM 3/7/2017 EST. I pooped and peed earlier this morning about 8:00 AM

and forgot to tell you on time. Sorry.

*We bought Kentucky Fried Chicken last night after we left the hospital. It was

really good. Just like the old Colonel says "it's bellybutton licking good."

BUSINESS

*5:46 AM 3/7/2017 EST. Germany to buy Triton drone to replace canceled

Euro Hawk-sources - Reuters - 10 minutes ago

*8:33 PM 3/7/2017 EST. Asian shares slip after strong start to week on US cues

Reuters - 51 minutes ago

"An evil mind is created in the mind of the one who is evil."

No results found for "An evil mind is created in the mind of the one who is evil."

CRIMINAL MINDS

*Crime Number 2: "This a repeat of what I typed last night and again: "I'll tell

you a story of my step brother-in-law, Johnny Rafter tomorrow." I've decided

to talk to a sheriff's deputy before I type Johnny's Story.... Still have not talked

to a sheriff's deputy.

*Evil Number 1: I'm in the early stages of typing those two young people's story.

When I complete it I'll mail it, return receipt requested, to someone in Chicago

who might be able to help them. I'll only mention names if those in Chicago

agree to help.... I need just a few more bits of information from a person I know

to complete my report, mail it Chicago and then, hopefully, this evil will be

eradicated.

*Crime Number 3: "Aron the Scammer."  I "smelled a rat" right away because

he said I would represent his agency's clients traveling to Europe and that I

would receive the traveler's payment for travel and then cash the check and

send a moneygram to the agency's branch office in Warsaw, Poland??? Why

can't the traveler wire the money directly to the travel agency?.... He also said

that I would get a 5% bonus for everyday I completed this task early in the first

five days after receiving it. He said that the first payment to my post office box

in the post office on Camino Al Norte in N. Las Vegas, Nevada was in the mail.

TO BE CONTINUED....

*Evil Number 2: "That fat little evil dictator @#^$%#*%who feeds his vast army,

but starves his people is at it again. Just leave me in a room alone with that fat

little @#^$%#*% for ten minutes...." is what I typed yesterday and I'll continue

with my plan to get rid of that fat little @#^$%#*% which I started to tell you

several stories ago ....

TO BE CONTINUED.... TO BE CONTINUED AGAIN....

"Wiki takes a leak and a proposed replacement for Obamacare all in 1 day.

That's quite a lot to deal with for a young administration, don't you think?"

No results found for "Wiki takes a leak and a proposed replacement for

Obamacare all in 1 day. That's quite a lot to deal with for a young

administration, don't you think?"

*5:34 AM 3/7/2017 EST. Obamacare Lite? New GOP Health Care Bill Has Host

of Critics - NBCNews.com - 39 minutes ago

*2:20 PM 3/7/2017 EST. ast Updated Mar 7, 2017 11:45 AM EST.

WASHINGTON -- WikiLeaks on Tuesday published thousands of documents

purportedly taken from the Central Intelligence Agency’s Center for Cyber

Intelligence, a dramatic release that appears to expose intimate details of

America’s cyber espionage toolkit.

Vice President Mike Pence blasts the AP for publishing wife’s email address

It was not immediately clear how WikiLeaks obtained the information,

code-named “Vault 7,” which included more than 8,700 documents and files.

The CIA tools, if authentic, could undermine the confidence that consumers

have in the safety and security of their computers, mobile devices and even

smart TVs.

WikiLeaks said the material came from “an isolated, high-security network

situated inside the CIA’s Center for Cyber Intelligence in Langley, Virginia."

It didn’t say how the files were removed, such as possibly by a rogue employee,

by hacking a federal contractor working for the CIA or breaking into a

staging server where such hacking tools might be temporarily stored.

In a statement to CBS News, CIA spokesman Jonathan Liu said, “We do not

comment on the authenticity or content of purported intelligence documents.”

WikiLeaks ✔ @wikileaks

RELEASE: Vault 7 Part 1 "Year Zero": Inside the CIA's global hacking force

The more than 8,000 documents cover a host of technical topics, including

what appears to be a discussion about how to compromise smart televisions

and turn them into improvised surveillance devices. WikiLeaks said the

data also include details on the agency’s efforts to subvert American software

products and smartphones, including Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Android and

Microsoft Windows.

WASHINGTON -- WikiLeaks on Tuesday published thousands of documents

purportedly taken from the Central Intelligence Agency’s Center for Cyber

Intelligence, a dramatic release that appears to expose intimate details of

America’s cyber espionage toolkit.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange “very happy” about fake news narrative

Bob Ayers, a retired U.S. intelligence official currently working as a security

analyst, agreed, saying that the release was “real bad” for the agency....

WikiLeaks said the archive “appears to have been circulated among former

U.S. government hackers and contractors in an unauthorized manner, one of

whom has provided WikiLeaks with portions of the archive.”

*3:09 PM 3/7/2017 EST. House Speaker Paul Ryan’s new bill to replace

Obamacare is being savaged by early bad reviews from a wide range of

conservatives, with one Republican senator declaring it “dead on arrival” in

the Senate -- if it can make it through the House.

The White House launched its own effort to defend the draft, with Health and

Human Services Secretary Tom Price saying the bill is “the beginning of the

process,” one aimed at helping patients and business owners.

Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky discusses the House GOP health

care plan. - (Source: Bloomberg)

But that defense is being overshadowed for now by the vehemence of the

measure’s GOP critics. Senator Rand Paul derided it as "Obamacare-lite,"

while a group of House Republicans said it would create a "Republican welfare

entitlement." One conservative group labeled it “Ryancare” and said it was

merely a “warmed-over substitute for government-run health care.”

Price, speaking to reporters at the White House, said, “We look forward to

working with them and others,” referring to conservative opponents.

“This is all about patients,” he said, arguing that the legislation must allow a

transition from the insurance system created by the Affordable Care Act.

Conservatives Savage GOP Obamacare Plan Despite Trump Backing

- Bloomberg - 38 minutes ago

*8:33 PM 3/7/2017 EST.WikiLeaks says it releases files on CIA cyber spying

tools - Reuters - 1 hour ago

*8:45 PM 3/7/2017 EST. Conservatives push back on ObamaCare repeal bill,

vow to introduce their own - Fox News - ‎2 hours ago‎

"March rains bring muddy farm fields."

No results found for "March rains bring muddy farm fields."

Today    RAIN                                       55° 35°

Wed       CLOUDY                                54° 35°

Thu        SCATTERED_SHOWERS   46° 28°

Fri          PARTLY_CLOUDY               31° 14°

*8:16 PM 3/7/2017 EST. It's a little late, but "better late than never" for telling you

about the weather today. It's 56° and the humidity is 78% raining off and on all

day. The wind chill was much lower than the temperature during the day but is

silent now because of the early darkness of the night.

These Farmer's Rains will surely help the beginning crops of spring and the

perennials in my flower gardens which I cannot wait to see.