Thursday, March 9, 2017

388th post - 9 Mar 17 - 1004 EST - FIRST EDITION

*Our renter, Ryan Michael, told me this morning that he had purchased the

computer yesterday at Walmart that is just like the one I'm typing on now on

the top of my dresser. I had advised him to use Blogger.com to purchase a

domain and to post his stories to. I have made a lot of mistakes since I began

telling the stories of my life and, I believe, I can help him avoid some of those

same mistakes.

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*False Teeth Day - This is my special day because I have falsified teeth.

What Happened On This Day – March 9

2011 Space Shuttle Discovery completes its final mission.

The shuttle touched down at Kennedy Space Center in Florida after its journey

to the International Space Station (ISS).

WAR

*6:31 AM 3/9/2017 EST.

US mulls deploying up to 1000 'reserve' troops for ISIS fight, report says.

Fox News - ‎5 hours ago‎

The United States is considering deploying up to 1,000 soldiers to Kuwait as a

reserve force in the fight against ISIS in the region, Reuters reported on

Wednesday.

UNITED STATES

*6:34 AM 3/9/2017 EST.

Protests, some arrests during International Women's Day events across US.

Fox News - ‎14 hours ago‎

Many women across the country stayed home from work, zipped up their

wallets, wore red and attended rallies in a bid to show their economic strength

and impact on society, marking International Women's Day on Wednesday.

UNIVERSE

*7:50 AM 3/9/2017 EST.

Indicators show potatoes can grow on Mars.

Phys.Org - ‎22 hours ago‎

Cubesat contained Mars atmosphere emulating Mars oxygen, carbon dioxide

and atmospheric pressure. Credit: International Potato Center.

*7:08 AM 3/9/2017 EST. I just pooped and peed. "Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a

relief it is."

SPORTS

*7:47 AM 3/9/2017 EST.

Champions League 2017: Barcelona routs Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 in astonishing

comeback. CNN - ‎28 minutes ago‎

(CNN) Its motto is "More than a club" and Spain's Barcelona produced more than

a result Wednesday routing France's Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 to qualify for the

Champions League quarterfinals.

ENTERTAINMENT

*6:37 AM 3/9/2017 EST.

YouTube TV's Biggest Advantage. Motley Fool - ‎17 hours ago‎

YouTube recently announced its plans to offer a live television streaming

service to compete with the likes of DirecTV Now, PlayStation Vue, Sling TV,

and more traditional pay-TV operators.

*6:23 AM 3/9/2017 EST. Outside contractors for CIA reportedly eyed in

WikiLeaks dump probe. Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎

Investigators working to find the source of this week's Wikileaks dump are

likelyset to focus on outside contractors for the CIA, The Wall Street Journal

reported, citing people familiar with the matter.

Today    PARTLY_CLOUDY   50° 28°

Fri         CLOUDY                     31° 12°

Sat         PARTLY_CLOUDY   25° 14°

Sun        PARTLY_CLOUDY   29° 15°

*8:37 AM 3/9/2017 EST. It's going to be a glorious day and the last for awhile

according to the forecast from above. The outdoor temperature is 49° and the

humidity is 48% which is the closest to being alike that I've seen for awhile. The

wind is blowing in from the west at about 3 mph (miles per hour), a long way

from the 30 + mph of yesterday.