Friday, March 10, 2017

389th post - 10 Mar 17 - 1828 EST - FINAL EDITION

"Is long hair on a man a sign of strength or a sign of weakness?"

No results found for "Is long hair on a man a sign of strength or a sign of

weakness?"

*I told you yesterday that I was driving Bill and Carolyn to the hair salon. Now

I have more details about where I'm driving them to. The hair salon is Scot Talbot

Slone and is located 1041 East Turkeyfoot Road in Akron. I've just wiped the

snow off the Honda and I'm ready to go although we don't have to be there until

2:00 PM. We'll probably leave about 12:45 PM. And, of course, I'm not getting

my hair cut. My hair is almost 3 inches down from shoulders now and it will stop

growing sometime following my drop dead date.

*My son, Michael, and his wife Erin will come in later today for about a day and

a half visit. They are on the way to the Bahamas for a vacation. I'll let you know of

the details later.

*11:51 AM 3/10/2017 EST. I just learned that Michael and Erin will be in a little

after 5:00 PM today. We should be back from the hairdressers to welcome them

in to the house.

"Something to celebrate everyday is like celebrating your birthday everyday."

No results found for "Something to celebrate everyday is like celebrating your

birthday everyday."

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*5:31 AM 3/10/2017 EST. Mark Zuckerberg and his wife just announced

they're having another baby girl - Fox News - ‎14 hours ago‎

*Festival of Life in the Cracks Day - This means plantlife that grow in the cracks

in sidewalks.

*International Bagpipe Day

*International Day of Awesomeness - I believe that every kind person is

awesome.

*Landline Telephone Day - We have a landline which is rare these days.

*Mario Day - National Mario Day

"In 2016, Nintendo created a video about the event, where Mario caused chaos

in their American offices; "he brought some joy to the monotonous workday in

the ways only Mario could."Chad Concelmo of Destructoid appears in the video.

The Mario franchise is the best-selling video game franchise of all time. Previously,

Nintendo had declared 2013 to be the Year of Luigi."

*Middle Name Pride Day - Sure, I'm proud of my middle name. That's all I've

ever gone by. I'm a Jr., so my father went by his first name Randy or Randolph

and I by his middle name of Forrest.

*National Blueberry Popover Day

*National Preschooler's Day

Observed the second Friday of March

*Pack Your Lunch Day - I use to pack my lunch for work and I can remember

living in a boarding house in Houston, Texas for awhile where the two old ladies

who ran the place would pack my lunch if I had work.

*Salvation Army Day - I was homeless for awhile and I phoned them to see if they

had a bed, but they didn't and said to keep calling everyday. I mostly stayed in

the Honda, like I did in Las Vegas, or stayed in homeless shelters.

*US Paper Money Day

www.checkiday.com

What Happened On This Day – March 10

*2000 The dotcom bubble bursts when the NASDAQ Composite stock market

index peaks at 5408.60. The dotcom boom, which started in 1997, accompanied

the advent of countless new Internet-based companies. When the speculative

bubble burst, many small investors were affected.

*1959 A revolt erupts in Lhasa, sparking the Tibetan uprising. Fearing the Dalai

Lama's abduction by China, 300,000 Tibetans surrounded his palace.

*1952 Fulgencio Batista assumes power in Cuba after a coup. The dictator was

overthrown by rebels under the command of Che Guevara in 1959.

*1945 The most destructive bombing raid in history hits Tokyo. About 100,000

Tokyo citizens died in the fires caused by the U.S. air force's incendiary bombs.

*1876 The first telephone call is made. Alexander Graham Bell transmitted the

words “Mr. Watson, come here -- I want to see you” to his assistant, Thomas A.

Watson, who was in the next-door room.

www.checkiday.com

""Worldly" is a name I would give to people who communicate with people

around the world.""

No results found for ""Worldly" is a name I would give to people who

communicate with people around the world.""

*Received the following email message from postcrossing.com:

Hello Forrest!

This is a copy of the message you wrote when you registered postcard

TR-303115 from __________ , in Turkey. Use it for archiving/tracking purposes.

You wrote:

“Hi, Yes, I'd rather be in the place on the postcard, too.

It is a beautiful postcard. Thank you. My credit card was hacked recently and

someone bought a ticket on Turkish Airlines.

I will mention you (not your name) and your city/or country in my story of today

of my life (March 10) which will be posted later this evening.on my web site:

iliveinmycarandeatverywell.com. or Google = Forrest Caricofe. The posted

story will also be posted to Facebook, Tumbler, Twitter, Google + and

Instagram.

Thanks again,

Forrest”

Istanbul

City in Turkey

"Istanbul is a major city in Turkey that straddles Europe and Asia across the

Bosphorus Strait. Its Old City reflects cultural influences of the many empires

that once ruled here. In the Sultanahmet district, the open-air, Roman-era

Hippodrome was for centuries the site of chariot races, and Egyptian obelisks

also remain. The iconic Byzantine Hagia Sophia features a soaring 6th-century

dome and rare Christian mosaics.

Local time: Friday 7:44 PM

Weather: 46°F (8°C), Wind NE at 9 mph (14 km/h), 84% Humidity

Population: 14.8 million (Dec 31, 2016)"

*5:24 AM 3/10/2017 EST. Korea Times

South Korea president Park Geun-hye ousted by coup - BBC News - ‎1 hour ago‎

South Korea's President Park Geun-hye has become the country's first

democratically elected leader to be forced from office.

*7:35 AM 3/10/2017 EST. EU leaders grope for unity as Britain walks out -

Reuters - 6 minutes ago

"A  healthy attitude goes a long way in being a healthy person."

No results found for "A healthy attitude goes a long way in being a healthy

person."

*6:32 AM 3/10/2017 EST. MORNING BRIEF: Pence says ObamaCare replacement

will be done by spring - Fox News - 1 hour ago

*11:09 AM 3/10/2017 EST. I going to have a sardine sandwich that I have not had

for awhile. Wild caught 2-layer, 11 to 22  King Oscar sardines. Those tiny little

beauties of the sea.

"Why not let free trade determine the economy's strength or weakness rather

than the federal reserve system?"

No results found for "Why not let free trade determine the economy's strength or

weakness rather than the federal reserve system?"

BUSINESS

*8:36 AM 3/10/2017 EST. U.S. added 235,000 jobs in February, likely giving the

Fed the go-ahead for rate hike next week - The Washington Post.

"God, is there a reason bad people kill good people?"

No results found for "God, is there a reason bad people kill good people?"

CRIMINAL MINDS

*Crime Number 2:  "I'll tell you a story of my step brother-in-law, Johnny Rafter

tomorrow." I've decided to talk to a sheriff's deputy before I type Johnny's Story....

Still have not talked to a sheriff's deputy."

The latter is what I've been typing for several days now and I've finally decided

to go ahead and tell you "Johnny's Story."

Four Fallen Heroes

By Bob Corso | Posted: Fri 3:48 AM, May 19, 2006

Four members of law enforcement in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County

have lost their lives in the line of duty.

They were remembered in a special service Thursday evening at Thomas

Harrison Middle School.

Sergeant Manuel Trenary of the Harrisonburg Police Department was shot by

a burglar in 1959.

Patrolman Wayne Stoutamyer of the Bridgewater Police Department was shot

by an assailant who came to his home in 1976.

Deputy John Rafter of the Rockingham County Sheriff's Office was shot by a

prisoner he was transporting in 1983.

Chief Bill Davies of the Grottoes Police Department died in a traffic accident

in 1988.

The service honored those fallen and those who now serve.

Virginia House of Delegates member Chris Saxman said, "thank them. Because

the work they do is so important in keeping our way of life in the Shenandoah

Valley so wonderful."

Johnny was my step brother-in-law and a nice young man. He was shot and

killed by the prisoner he was escorting because, at that time, there were no

bars seperating the front seat from the back seat. The prisoner was sitting in

the passenger seat beside Johnny, he reached for Johnny's gun and shot Johnny

dead. I remember talking to the prosecuting attorney who said he could almost

promise the death penalty but it did not happen. Is Johnny's killer still in prison?

I don't know that, but I'll find out.

I remember being a part of the funeral procession from his funeral service

to his burial site about 3 miles east of Harrisonburg off U. S. Route 33. The

Sheriff's Department and other policing departments from all over lined

Johnny's last 3 mile journey to his final resting place. And then, like now, my

tears are streaming from my eyes onto my old and weathered face.
*Evil Number 1: "I need just a few more bits of information from a person I know

to complete my report, mail it Chicago and then, hopefully, this evil will be

eradicated. 7:22 PM 3/7/2017 EST. 7:22 PM 3/8/2017 EST. I've interviewed 1

person today and I need to interview 1 more person for collaboration and then

I can prepare my report and mail it." 12:01 PM 3/10/2017 EST. I interviewed

that 2nd person yesterday, but because their eye witness accounts were

somewhat different, I now need to interview them together.

*Crime Number 3: "Aron the Scammer." "It didn't take long before they returned a

said the check was worth a plug nickel...." Wells Fargo said that they would turn

the matter over to their fraud unit. "Aron the Scammer" kept calling me and

emailing me to see if the bank had cleared the check? I responded by saying

that the check was still on hold. I didn't tell him that it was bogus and would be

on hold forever....

TO BE CONTINUED....

UNITED STATES

*7:35 AM 3/10/2017 EST. FYI, Alabama's constitution still calls for 'separate

schools for white and colored children. Washington Post - 19 minutes ago

ENTERTAINMENT

*5:47 AM 3/10/2017 EST. TELEVISION

Game of Thrones' Season 7 Finally Has a Premiere Date

Megan McCluskey - Mar 09, 2017

The highly-anticipated seventh season of Game of Thrones will officially return

on July 16.

Following a year-long hiatus, the world of Westeros will return for its

penultimate season—a shortened seven-episode installment that will continue

the stories of Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen and the rest of the realm's

remaining players.HBO made the announcement on Facebook Live Thursday

after previously stating that the premiere had been pushed back from spring to

summer due to a scenery related filming delay. "Now that winter has arrived on

Game of Thrones, executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss felt that

the storylines of the next season would be better served by starting production

a little later than usual, when the weather is changing," explained programming

president Casey Bloys.

*5:47 AM 3/10/2017 EST. The New Game of Thrones Teaser Hints at an Ominous

‘Great War.’HBO dropped a new teaser for Game of Thrones Thursday,

revealing the season seven premiere date and offering a glimpse at what’s to

come. Although the minute-and-a-half-long clip

*5:47 AM 3/10/2017 EST. This Is the One Thing Alec Baldwin Likes About Donald

Trump. Alec Baldwin openly opposes almost everything about the president he

portrays so often on Saturday Night Live, but he does appreciate one thing about

Donald Trump: his relationship with his children.

MY OPINION

*Alec  Baldwin said that if George W. Bush won the presidency he would leave

the United States. The "smart Alec" is still here. He advertised the Capitol One

credit card. I cancelled my Capitol One credit card because of the "smart Alec."

He has had some family squabbles involving his daughter I believe. President

Trump seems to get along well with all family members. I would like to see

President Trump signing an executive order deporting all Hollywood  "smart

Alec's" from this country.

"Seeking power and money is what most politicians are about."

No results found for "Seeking power and money is what most politicians are

about."

*7:14 AM 3/10/2017 EST. President Trump to Speak With Palestinian President

Abbas - NBCNews.com - 18 minutes ago

*9:56 AM 3/10/2017 EST. Arnold Schwarzenegger considering US Senate run,

report says - Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎

Arnold Schwarzenegger is looking to get back into politics. The former

California governor is considering a run for U.S. Senate in 2018, according to

Politico.

"If your joints are aching blame it on the weather. Everyone else does."

No results found for "If your joints are aching blame it on the weather. Everyone

else does.".

Today   SNOW                          31° 13°

Sat        PARTLY_CLOUDY   27° 15°

Sun       MOSTLY_SUNNY     31° 16°

Mon      CLOUDY                    41° 26°

*6:35 AM 3/10/2017 EST. I purchased an Acu-Rite weather gauge over a week

ago at Walmart. It is a Wifi setup were you place the unit that calculates the

weather outdoors and the indoor monitor displays the outdoor and indoor

temperature, the moon phases, future forecast, barometric pressure, time and

date. Right now the indoor temperature 73°, the outdoor temperature is 36°, the

moon phases I don't understand yet, the barometric pressure is 29.89, the time

0650 and the date is March 10. I paid about $25 for my Acu-Rite weather gauge

at Walmart.

*7:06 AM 3/10/2017 EST. It has snowed as I looked from the deck of the house

towards the east. Will we get more snow? I don't know the answer to that right

now.

*7:59 AM 3/10/2017 EST. I just looked out my cell-like window and the sun has

has won the competition between itself and the clouds. Oh what a glorious day

it's going to be. Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful day.