Monday, March 13, 2017

392nd post - 13 Mar 17 - 2026 EDST - FINIAL EDITION

*4:17 PM 3/13/2017 EDST. I've just now returned from taking Bill to the Wooster

Community Hospital for a blood test to check his wayfarin level and to Dr. Kwok's

office for 2 shots. His health because of COPD is not good. Carolyn has to deal

with diabetes and is getting so much better that she may in time reverse this

affliction. Ryan is here now after I picked him up at his uncles' and drove him back

to the house to see Michael and Erin before they left to return to their home in

Omaha. Ryan occasionally has some trouble with his back and his seizures are

controlled as long as he takes his Tegretol on schedule. Me, I'm "healthy as a

horse."

"The world would be a better place today if everyone would try to help their

fellow humankind at least once a day."

No results found for "The world would be a better place today if everyone

would try to help their fellow humankind at least once a day."

WE CELEBRATE TODAY

*Commonwealth Day - I was born in Virginia and the state is also known as the

Commonwealth of Virginia.

Also known as Empire Day

Observed the second Monday of March

*Donald Duck Day - Everyone in my day as a kid liked the Donald Duck cartoons.

*Earmuff Day - I remember as a child wearing earmuffs. I don't see people

wearing earmuffs in this day and time.

*Fill Our Staplers Day - I cannot believe that someone would devote a whole

day to filling your stapler unless you have a lot of them, of course.

Observed Monday of the second full week of March

*K-9 Veterans Day - I believe that this day can be devoted to my dog Prince.

He was my sentry dog in South Korea whose job was to alert me if there where

any attempts to encroach onto the nuclear site that he and I patrolled.

*Ken Day - "Celebrates the occasion in 1961 when Barbie's long-term on-off

boyfriend, Ken Carson, first appeared on the scene, exhibited by his makers

Mattel at a toy fair." https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/ken-day/

*National Coconut Torte Day - "Is observed annually on March 13th. Coconut

lovers may enjoy this holiday savoring the delicious taste of this rich dessert.

The word torte is German and literally means cake."

www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-coconut-torte-day-march-13/

*National Good Samaritan Day - I really like being a good Samaritan. I makes

me feel better than the one I'm helping.

Also known as Good Samaritan Involvement Day

*National Jewel Day - Is observed March 13th of every year. While this day may

be a day to give or receive jewelry, it could also be a day to recognize jewelers.

It may also be a day to wear those gems you may already have!

www.nationaldaycalendar.com/national-jewel-day-march-13/

*National Open an Umbrella Indoors Day - Never heard of such a thing. The only

way I'd open an umbrella indoors is if the roof leaked.

*National Workplace Napping Day - I have never slept on the job as I can

remember.

Also known as National Napping Day

Observed the day after Daylight Savings Time begins

This Day in History, March 13

What Happened On This Day – March 13

*2013 Pope Francis succeeds Pope Benedict XVI. Jorge Mario Bergoglio from

Argentina became the 266th leader of the Catholic Church, which has 1.2 billion

members around the world.

MY OPINION

I like Pope Francis. During my long life I've been through the life of several

Popes. None have captured my attention as much as Pope Francis. He is not

afraid to join the world community and express his views on a variety of subjects.

And he, like me, likes to always be a good samaritan.

*1997 A series of unidentified lights appear over Phoenix, Arizona. The Phoenix

Lights caused heated debate in the UFO community. It emerged later that some

of the lights were caused by illumination flares dropped from a U.S. Air Force

plane.

*1943 German troops liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Krak√≥w. Thousands of men,

women and children were murdered by the nazis or deported to extermination

camps. The horrific event is portrayed in the film, Schindler's List.

MY OPINION

I don't know what month this happened me being born in October of 1942, but I

do know that I'm ashamed of my heritage. I'm a full-blooded German and I'm

outraged at what my long ago relatives did to God's chosen people.

*1845 Felix Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto is premiered. The German

composer's opus 64 is one of the most frequently performed violin concertos

in history.

*1781 Uranus is discovered. German-born British astronomer William Herschel

is credited with the planet's discovery. It is the third largest planet by radius in

the solar system.

"It is always a joy to return to the place of your birth."

No results found for "It is always a joy to return to the place of your birth."

QUOTES, RAMBLINGS AND SUCH

*It is said in a song that I or someone else was born on the banks of the

Shenandoah River. Well, that was not exactly me. I was born in the old

Rockingham Memorial Hospital probably about 12 miles west of the North Fork

of the Shenandoah River in the Shenandoah Valley. Maybe this song doesn't

exactly match the circumstances of my birth, but I like it anyway.

"Your health is mostly good if you think it's good."

No results found for "Your health is mostly good if you think it's good."

*9:40 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. I am preparing at this very minute a Orleans sardine

sandwich. I do not get tired of eating this same sandwich every day. I have heard

that 1/2 of the population of the world get their protein from fish. I know that that

is not the case in this country. A lot of people can't stand fish. They eat beef, pork

and chicken mainly. But I know that I get most of my protein from fish. I also know

that the oceans and rivers are being depleted of fish. What will happen if we allow

the environments of fish to be depleted? We cannot let that happen. We must

change to sustainable fishing in order to maintain and improve the fish habitats.

*4:43 PM 3/13/2017 EDST. The CBO (Congressional Budget Office) says as many

as 24 million more Americans could be uninsured under 'Trumpcare.' Business

Insider - 7 minutes ago.

BUSINESS

*8:05 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. Intel to buy driverless technology firm (1) Mobileye

for $15.3 billion. Reuters - 11 minutes ago.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

(1) "Mobileye (NYSE: MBLY) is an Israeli technology company that develops

vision-based advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) providing warnings

for collision prevention and mitigation."

*4:43 PM 3/13/2017 EDST. Wall Street drifts along with eyes on Fed; Intel drops

Reuters - 14 minutes ago.

CRIMINAL MINDS

*Crime Number 2: I did not have time today to phone either my bank's fraud

department or the Wooster Police Department. Maybe tomorrow.

*Evil Number 1: I'm still working on the rough draft that I'll eventually mail to an

address I have in Chicago.

*Crime Number 3: "Aron the Scammer." "I didn't tell him that it was bogus and

would be on hold forever...."

So, my plan was to keep lying to "Aron the Scammer" that the check was still

being checked out and that I would send the Moneygram to Warsaw, Poland

when the check cleared. I had contacted the U. S. government agency that dealt

with international frauds and scams by email but I had received no reply as yet.

7:07 PM 3/13/2017 EDST. I'm still lying to "Aron the Scammer" in telling him by

email that the bank is still holding the check I received and I knowing the truth

that the check will never be good.

"Why must a child die because of a religion's radical belief?"

No results found for "Why must a child die because of a religion's radical belief?"

WAR

*7:30 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. Russia says ready to resume contacts with USA on

Syria: Ifax. Reuters - 5 minutes ago.

*7:30 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. Syria Children Killed, Forced to Fight In Record

Numbers: UNICEF. NBCNews.com - 7 minutes ago.

"Why must world leaders set a bad example for their people?"

No results found for "Why must world leaders set a bad example for their

people?"

*8:25 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. Scottish independence: Nicola Sturgeon to seek

second referendum. BBC News - ‎25 minutes ago‎.

"Nicola Sturgeon has confirmed she will ask for permission to hold a second

referendum on Scottish independence. Ms Sturgeon said she wanted a vote to

be held between the autumn of 2018 and the spring of the following year.

*11:29 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. 'Politics is not a game', says UK PM May after

Scottish referendum call. Reuters - 7 minutes ago.

MY OPINION

I want Scotland to be free of the British Empire. I don't know exactly what Prime

Minister Theresa May says by saying 'Politics is not a game,' but it appears that

she and her government are against any attempt by Scotland to be free of British

domination. Our country has a motto, "Live Free or Die." Will it take that for

Scotland to be free of their present ruler?

*8:05 AM 3/13/2017 EDST. Turkey will 'surely have sanctions' against the

Netherlands: minister. Reuters - 12 minutes ago.

MY OPINION

For the life of me I don't understand the continuing war of words between Turkey

and the Netherlands (Dutch). Turkey has a war-like history and is now involved

with the war in Syria because of its closeness to that country whereas the Dutch,