Wednesday, April 12, 2017

12 April 17 - 1117 EDT

"In order to be a part of the world we need to know about the world."

**I believe that as member of the world community we need to keep informed

about what's going on in our world today. We in this country are not a closed

society like North Korea. We are free to know as much as we can in this world

we live in.

NEWS IN BRIEF AND A COMMENT

9:03 AM 4/12/2017 EDT.

*China's Xi tells Trump he wants peaceful solution to North Korea.

Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎.

**A US aircraft carrier is there or is still moving toward the Korean peninsula as

a warning to North Korea and its' continued expansion of nuclear weapons.

Hopefully, President Xi of China's wish for a peaceful outcome will be the end result.

*Sessions: 'The border is not open. Please don't come.' Fox News - ‎9 hours ago‎.

**A 100 years ago almost anyone could cross the borders of this country. It is a sad

commentary when a nation must shut its' borders to the people of the world.

*Clinton campaign plagued by bickering. The Hill - ‎2 hours ago‎.

**From what I can gather, Hillary's campaign did not go well because of a lot of

anger, frustration and in-fighting.

*Walmart has a new kind of discount — and it's impossible for Amazon to beat.

Business Insider - ‎1 hour ago‎.

**Walmart has always offered no shipping to customers when an ordered item is

delivered to 1 of their stores. But now if say you order an item for a $1000 and

shipped to store you may get a discount of $50.

*Morning Agenda: Another Departure from Uber. New York Times - ‎2 hours ago‎.

**Uber is a company that uses employees's own cars to drive people who pay a

fee from place to place. My son Michael drove for them for a while in Omaha,

Nebraska. It seems that Uber is always in the news concerning executives leaving

the company. Will Uber survive? I don't

*First Look: 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.

New York Daily News - ‎11 minutes ago‎.

**A lot of people are anxiously awaiting the announcement and presentations of

new cars. I'm not. My 1986 Honda Accord serves me just fine. This is the car I use

almost daily to drive people in the house to appointments or other places and is

still reluctant to go speeds less than 70 mph.

*As his advertisers exit, Bill O'Reilly announces that he's taking a vacation.

Washington Post - ‎8 hours ago‎.

**Sexual allegations always trouble me. Bill O'Reilly has got to go.

*Viva Sergio! The Spaniard claims his first major win after 73 attempts.

Golf.com - ‎22 hours ago.

**I like the Spanish people. They have a great since of family. Sergio Garcia was

the sentimental favorite to win the 2017 Masters and a lot of Spanish speaking

people around the world are celebrating.

*Fernando Alonso to race Indy 500. FOXSports.com - ‎32 minutes ago.‎

**Fernando Alonso will miss the 2017 Monaco GP‎ to race in the Indy 500. He, like

Sergio Garcia, is Spanish and drives a McLaren-Honda. Not quite like my Honda,

but close. I might decide to watch the Indy 500 this year.

*NASA to announce new discoveries about ocean worlds. CNN - ‎16 hours ago.

**I like watching on TV the discoveries that are made almost everyday about our

world. The oceans cover 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contain 97 percent

of the Earth's water and I hope I live long enough to learn a lot more about our

"ocean worlds."

*Poo sediments record Antarctic 'penguin Pompeii.' BBC News - ‎21 hours ago.‎

**The perilous history of a penguin colony on a small Antarctic island is another

presentation I like to watch on TV. They are normally shown on National

Geographic specials.

*For Earth Day 2017, You May Adopt A Piece Of Earth From NASA.

Tech Times - ‎21 minutes ago‎.

**"Participating In NASA's Planet Adoption Plan The NASA's Earth adoption website

is open for prospective adopters who only need to type his or her name to claim a

piece of land for adoption. - See more at:"

may-adopt-a-piece-of-earth-from-nasa.htm#sthash.zNYpA5jE.dpuf

*California newlyweds contract rat lungworm disease on Hawaii honeymoon.

Fox News - ‎4 hours ago‎.

**My only comment here is to stay away from Hawaii and the newyweds.

*Having gray hair may increase your risk of heart disease.

Fox News - ‎13 hours ago.

**I have about 5% gray hair. The rest of my hair is brown. No, I don't dye it.

But I do not believe what they're saying here.

*Hospital grants Danish man his dying wish: a glass of wine and a cigarette.

CBS News - ‎20 hours ago‎‎.

**For right now I believe my dying wish would be for a McDonald's coffee, a double

quarter pounder, large fries and 3 chicken soft tacos from Taco Bell.

*Russia declares US relations in 'worst period' since the Cold War.

CNBC - ‎21 hours ago‎.

**Russia helped Trump to win the US presidential election, Putin believing Trump

would be his friend. Wrong. Putin's siding with Assad in Syria and his encroachment

into the Ukraine has been his undoing as far as Trump is concerned. We'll see how

this plays out?