Sunday, April 16, 2017

16 April 17 - 1031 EDT - Happy Easter

"Caregivers are angels of mercy."

**8:40 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. Ryan and I mowed the grass yesterday. We had went

earlier to pick up his new eyeglasses from Walmart and purchased a few other items

I needed for the house and myself. I bought a good adjustable knee brace that seems

to support my swollen knee a lot better. It has been 3 days since I jogged so I believe

I can start jogging again today with the new brace in place.

I needed at least the front of the yard mowed to place about 12 American Flags in the

front which I did about 1/2 hour ago. If I have time I'm also going to work on the

brown places in the yard with Scott's Repair and/or Kentucky Blue Grass.

We are going to Aultman Hospital in Canton today at about 2:00 to see Bill and will

take along an Easter dinner which we will all eat together. It will consist of honey

baked ham, mustard potato salad, pumpkin pie, and some other food/s that I can't

remember at the present time.

Bill was on a medication that stopped the defib, but the medication only worked for

short period and his heart is back in defib again.

POSTCROSSING

**I sent a picture postcard to someone in Taipei, Taiwan.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Taipei

Capital of Taiwan

"Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, is a modern metropolis with Japanese colonial lanes,

busy shopping streets and contemporary buildings. The skyline is crowned by

the 509m-tall, bamboo-shaped Taipei 101 skyscraper, with upscale shops at the base

and a rapid elevator to an observatory near the top. Taipei is also known for its lively

street-food scene and many night markets, including expansive Shilin market.

Population: 2.705 million (2016)."

*7:21 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. North Korean missile test fails, US and South Korea say.

By Paula Hancocks, Barbara Starr and Steve Almasy, CNN.

Updated 5:58 AM ET, Sun April 16, 2017.

**Although there is no word from North Korea it seems that the failed missile launch

was not of the ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile) variety and experts say that

North Korea does not have this capability yet meaning that they do not have a missile

that could reach the US. Vice President Pence was in the area at the time and was

briefed on this latest attempt by North Korea to launch another missile. Will there be

a reaction from the US?

*7:48 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. DEMOCRATS VS. TRUMP. APR 16 2017, 6:56 AM ET.

"The Top Democrats Who Could Challenge Trump in 2020, by ALEX SEITZ-WALD.

President Donald Trump has been in the White House less than 100 days, but

frustrated Democrats are already looking ahead to the 2020 elections."

**The potential democratic candidates for 2020 are Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker,

Bernie Sanders (he will be 78 the same age as me in that year), Former Governor

Marin O'Malley of Maryland, Al Franken, Joe Biden who will be 77, Senator Kirsten

Gillibrand, Governor Andrew Cumo of New York and Senator Kamala Harris.

What about Hillary Clinton? No, I believe the Clintons will quit running for office

unless Hillary decides to run for the senate, the governorship or the mayor of New

York? In a way I feel sorry for Hillary. Her husband has put her through a lot of

bad times.

*9:20 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. Trump gives generals more freedom to make decisions

in ISIS fight. Fox News - ‎14 hours ago.

**A good leader is one who picks good people and tasks them with making

important‎ decisions for the good of the nation. As a businessman President Trump

learned to task his subordinates with important decisions.

*9:50 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. Trump Says China 'Working With Us' on North Korean

Issue. Bloomberg - 18 minutes ago.

**This decision by China's President Xi is what I've hoped for. Hopefully this decision

by China will prevent a major war in this Asian area of the world.

*9:56 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. Turkey: Voters cast ballots in historic referendum on

presidential powers. Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎.

Around 51 million Turkish people are eligible to take part in a historic referendum on

whether to give sweeping new powers to their president (Recep Tayyip Erdoğan).

**Looks like Turkey might be moving toward a dictatorship with Erdoğan as its'

dictator.

*9:58 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. Police arrest at least 20 as protesters clash at pro-Trump

rally in Berkeley. Fox News - ‎6 hours ago.‎

**The University of California, Berkeley is known for its' staunch liberalism and

would be one of the last places I would join a protest.

*10:10 AM 4/16/2017 EDT. Syria war: 'At least 68 children among 126 killed' in bus

bombing. BBC News - 28 minutes ago.

**This is where I draw my line in the sand and to cross over it with vengeance if I

could. Sixty-eight children killed? Where is God in this atrocity?