Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"God and we here on earth need to act swiftly to punish a person who hurts a child."

About 3,430,000 results (1.81 seconds).

Google search: No results found for "God and we here on earth need to act swiftly to

punish a person who hurts a child."

**Yesterday I mowed the grass, sprayed weed killer on wire weeds, weeds and grass in

the driveway and other appropriate places in the flower beds and the yard. I then took a

much needed shower and then went Buehler's grocery store in Orrville to purchase

somethings for myself and the house.

**The weather today calls for a high of 69° with partly cloudy skies. Most people I know

would like a temperature of 75°, but I like temperatures nearing 100°. It takes several

days to acclimate myself to the hot temperature and from then on I'm good to go.

If I have no driving or other duties today, I'm planning to plant seeds I purchased, finish

planting the grass seed, about 2 hours work, and then at the least start to spread the black

mulch on the flower beds.

**7:00 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. I'm just now receiving an Amber Alert on my phone for Akron,

Ohio area. The vehicle is a silver Chevrolet Sonic with Texas plates. The last time, if I recall

correctly, the mother was murder by the child's father who was later apprehended in

Indiana, the child being safely rescued.

**8:59 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. My phone keeps beeping and I can read on the phone that the

situation has not been resolved with the rescue of the child.

**9:34 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. My phone keeps beeping but the Amber Alert has been

cancelled:

"AKRON, Ohio -- An Amber Alert has been canceled after a missing one-year-old boy has

been found safe.

Akron Police early Wednesday morning issued a statewide Amber Alert for an Akron boy

taken from his home.

Police say Darius Heard, Jr. was taken from an apartment on Callis Oval in Akron around

4:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The little boy is 1-year-old. He is two feet tall, weighs 34 pounds, and has black hair and

brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red, white and blue Nautica polo shirt and a

diaper.

Police say he was taken "by force" from the apartment by his father, Darius Rashaad

Heard, who does not have custody of the boy.

The little boy's grandmother, Sonya Pittman, said the incident all started at around 1 a.m.

after an argument.

"I don’t think he would actually do anything to him," she said. "But the point is why would

you take him with just a pamper and a shirt on? Why would you do that? Why would you

that? Why wouldn’t you bring him back?"

Heard is 27-years-old, 6'1", and weighs 195 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black Nike

jacket and grey shorts."

Fox 8 News - Cleveland.

**What's on my mind today is what I typed above. Why must anyone kidnap an innocent

and defenseless child? Children are most often kidnapped by a parent, sometimes for sex

and/or ransom money. What are we to do?

In this instance I believe the federal government and not the states impose a law detailing

the punishments for the crimes against children above, the same law for all 50 states. The

law needs to be made harsh enough to make someone think more than twice before

committing a child crime. Maybe they should be placed on that deserted island I typed

about yesterday or placed in a cell along with a violent inmate who cares a lot about

children?

*6:42 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. Trump takes aim at Schumer's reaction to Comey firing.

Fox News - ‎2 hours ago‎.

"President Trump late Tuesday took to Twitter to fire back at Senate Minority Leader Chuck

Schumer for comments the New York Democrat made in response to the firing of FBI

Director James Comey.

Trump fired back later on his Twitter account, saying: "Cryin' Chuck Schumer stated

recently, 'I do not have confidence in him (James Comey) any longer.'

Schumer was not the only Democrat who voiced concerns about Comey. Rep. Nancy Pelosi,

D-Calif., told CNN at the time that “maybe he’s (Comey) not right for the job.”

Trump’s seemingly abrupt decision Tuesday to fire Comey was made at the

recommendation of top Justice Department officials who claimed that his controversial

handling of the Clinton email case last year."

**Reports say that the White House is scurrying to explain with more details than only the

recommendation of top Justice Department officials.

*6:55 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. AP Analysis: S. Korea's Moon floats summit; will North bite?

Washington Post - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"TOKYO - First it was an off-the-cuff offer from then-candidate Donald Trump to have

hamburgers in Washington. Now, South Korea's new president says he is willing to meet

with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un - if, of course, the conditions are right."

**As paranoid as this dictator is I doubt that he will agree to meet with President Trump

and/or South Korea's new president, Moon Jae-in." He will believe that any meeting will be

a conspiracy to kill him.

*7:49 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. Turkey hits back as Trump authorizes arming Kurd's.

CNN - ‎1 hour ago.‎

"Turkey has lashed out at Washington's plan to send arms to Kurdish rebels fighting ISIS

in Syria, calling for an end to a strategy that has long rattled officials in Ankara."

**I like the Kurdish people. One Kurdish woman I met and talked to was on the 5th floor

of a hospital that I was confined to for about 2 weeks. She appeared grateful that I would

talk to her, maybe one of a few, people's prejudices getting in the way of being friendly to

her.

"The Kurd's (Kurdish: Kurd, کورد) also the Kurdish people (Kurdish: Gelê Kurd‎, گەلی کورد‎)

are an ethnic group in the Middle East, mostly inhabiting a contiguous area spanning

adjacent parts of eastern and southeastern Turkey (Northern Kurdistan), western Iran

(Eastern or Iranian Kurdistan), northern Iraq (Southern or Iraqi Kurdistan), and northern

Syria (Western Kurdistan or Rojava). The Kurd's are culturally and linguistically closely

related to the Iranian peoples and, as a result, are often themselves classified

as an Iranian people.

The Kurd's are estimated to number, worldwide, around 30–32 million, possibly as many as

37 million, with the majority living in West Asia; however, there are significant Kurdish

diaspora communities in the cities of western Turkey, in particular Istanbul. A recent

Kurdish diaspora has also developed in Western countries, primarily in Germany. The

Kurd's are the majority population in the autonomous region of Iraqi Kurdistan, and are a

significant minority group in the neighboring countries Turkey and Iran, where Kurdish

nationalist movements continue to pursue greater autonomy and cultural rights."

*8:03 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. Disney Parks and Movies Soar, but ESPN Is a Concern.

New York Times - ‎11 hours ago.‎

"ESPN has suffered from plunging ratings for its flagship show, “SportsCenter,” which in

2014 moved into a new studio complex, .... in Bristol, Conn."

**ESPN (Entertainment and Sports Programming Network) was started in 1979 and seems

to be spiraling downward much the way of companies like Hardees, K-Mart, Sears &

Roebuck and other companies that are failing to show a profit. It's not the regular hard-

working employees who are at fault, it is the leadership that needs to be replaced.

*8:07 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. 'Dance Moms'' Abby Lee Miller gets 1 year in prison.

Fox News - ‎18 hours ago.‎

"Former "Dance Moms" reality star Abby Lee Miller arrives at the Joseph F. Weis Jr. U. S.

Courthouse in Pittsburgh for her sentencing on federal bankruptcy fraud charges, Monday,

May 8, 2017."

**I'm glad to see that Hollywood is not immune to prosecution for white collar crimes.

Their celebrity status sometimes does allow them to escape punishment.

*8:10 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. What Aaron Hernandez's vacated murder conviction means for

everyone involved.

Sports Illustrated - ‎14 hours ago‎.

"In the eyes of the court, Aaron Hernandez is no longer a convicted murderer. Will that

hold up on appeal? .... Michael McCann. Tuesday May 9th, 2017."

**If Aaron Hernandez could have held out a month or so longer before committing suicide,

he may have once again had the chance to be a star professional football playing wide

receiver.

*8:13 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. What Stephen Hawking Gets Wrong In His Viral Prediction That

Humans Should Escape Into Space In 100 Years.

Tech Times - ‎9 hours ago‎.

"Fox News columnist Michael Guillen questions Stephen Hawking's latest doomsday

prediction about the Earth having only 100 years left and humans escaping to Mars to

survive."

**Stephen Hawking, you and I will certainly not be alive a 100 years from now, but it is

good information for our great-great and/or our great-great-great grandchildren.

*8:17 AM 5/10/2017 EDT. No really, stop cleaning your kids' ears with Q-tips.

Quartz - ‎45 minutes ago.‎

"We've said it before: Don't put cotton swabs in your ear to clean out the wax. In case you

weren't convinced, consider this: from 1990 to 2010, there were more than 263,000

emergency room visits in the US for ear-cleaning injuries in children."

**If I remember correctly, my son Ryan had to be taken to the emergency room to remove

a Q-tip. I believe that using Q-tips eventually causes the loss of some of your hearing. I

know several people who use Q-tips who are slightly hard of hearing. I have never used

Q-tips and I have excellent hearing.