Friday, May 12, 2017

"Fair justice means the same sentence for the same crime."

About 130,000,000 results (1.14 seconds).

Google search: No results found for "Fair justice means the same sentence for the same

crime."

**I almost finished spreading the black mulch on the flower beds yesterday. I need about

an hour to complete it.

**Today I won't have time to work in the flower beds or the yard because I need to drive

everyone in the house to the hair salon near Akron for haircuts. We'll leave about 11:30 AM

for the appointment at 12:45. Since I don't ever need a haircut, I'll drop them off and then

take my laptop to a McDonald's, a 5 minute drive away, to work on my story of tomorrow.

**I'm a patriotic American. Tears roll down my old and weathered cheeks when patriotic

songs are played and/or sung at special events as an introduction to the beginning of the

event and parades, etc.

I fly 3 American flags in the front of the house and along Smucker Road on a permanent

basis, one being a garden flag. I have about 20 flags about the size of the garden flag that

I display on the appropriate days of the year. I was a day late for V-E Day (May 8), so I

displayed the flags from May 9 through May 11 which was yesterday.

The other days to display the American flags in May will be Mother's Day on May 14, Peace

Officer's Day on May 15, Armed Forces Day on May 20 and Memorial Day on May 29.

There are 16 more designated days to fly the American flag this year.

**I haven't said much lately about my attempts to jog because I haven't been jogging.

My right knee got so weak and painful that I had to wear a brace. For now working hard in

the flower beds and the yard will have to substitute for jogging, but I'm still going to try

at some future time.

*5:48 AM 5/12/2017 EDT. Andrew McCabe Is Known at FBI for His Precision and Intellect

New York Times - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"A former F.B.I. supervisor said Andrew G. McCabe, .... had a “capacity to understand

an issue at great depth” and provided unvarnished information.

In testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Mr. McCabe, 49, crisply refuted a

pair of Trump administration assertions about Mr. Comey’s firing.

The White House said Mr. Comey had lost the support of his agents. Not so, Mr. McCabe

said.

The White House said the F.B.I. regarded the investigation into Russian election

interference as a low priority. Mr. McCabe called it “highly significant.”

Mr. McCabe’s standing up to a temperamental president who has repeatedly smacked the

bureau like a political piƱata won over at least some F.B.I. agents who had viewed Mr.

McCabe as overly cautious. Mr. Trump has described the agency as corrupt, repeatedly

belittled Mr. Comey and called the F.B.I. investigation into Russian influence in the 2016

election and potential collusion with the president’s associates a “hoax.”"

Andrew G. McCabe

Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation

"Andrew G. "Andy" McCabe is the acting Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He

was appointed Deputy Director of the FBI by then-Director James Comey on January 29,

2016, and he assumed those duties on February 1, 2016.

Born: 1968.

Spouse: Jill McCabe.

Party: Democratic Party.

Education: Washington University in St. Louis, Duke University."

**Mr. McCabe, just like President Trump, speaks his mind and that's is what we need in

leadership of this country.

*6:48 AM 5/12/2017 EDT. Mormon Church will leave Boy Scouts' teen programs

Washington Post - ‎21 hours ago.‎

"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, which has long been both closely tied to

the Boy Scouts of America and uneasy with the Boy Scouts' increasingly liberal stance on

gay and transgender men and boys ...."

**I know several Mormons. This change will mean that the Mormons who are a somewhat

isolated religious group will be further isolated from the world.

*6:55 AM 5/12/2017 EDT. US, China reach access deals for beef, poultry.

The Hill - ‎4 hours ago‎.

"The White House said Thursday that it has struck agreements with China on several

persistent trade irritants that will help reduce the massive trade deficit with Beijing."

**It has been said that the U. S. invents things and the Chinese manufacture the invention

and sell it back to us. The U. S. needs to find a way to manufacture their inventions

through newer automation and still giving the manufacturing employee a decent and

living wage.

*7:58 AM 5/12/2017 EDT. Sessions' office releases memo to all 94 US attorneys calling for

reversal of Holder-era policy. Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"FILE: Attorney General Jeff Sessions sent out a memo late Thursday to federal

prosecutors about how to approach criminal cases. (Reuters)."

**The move by Sessions would send convicted criminals to prison for longer terms under

the new guidelines of mandatory minimum sentences. This reverses the Obama

administration's “Smart on Crime” policy of not sentencing convicted criminals to prison

for non-violent or low level crimes.

I believe, in part, in the “Smart on Crime” policy. Tougher and longer sentences would

mean more crowded prisons that are already crowded. I do believe that rape, murder and

crimes against children should be dealt with severely with longer prisons terms, the same

mandatory sentences for all 50 states. Offenders who commit white collar crime, drug

users, not dealers, or other non-violent criminals could be sent to halfway houses located

in all 50 states, placed on probation for an extended period of time and/or fined for their

criminal activity.

*8:25 AM 5/12/2017 EDT. Feds nab 1378 in record gang sweep; 20 came from Michigan.

Detroit Free Press - ‎14 hours ago.‎

"Calling it a record sweep, the federal government announced today the arrests of 1,378

people who were targeted in a six-week-long operation that took down some of the

nation's most dangerous gang members, from alleged drug dealers and killers...."

**I typed about overcrowded prisons above. Here is 1,378 more people that may need to

be incarcerated. Take them to the deserted island that I typed about in my stories of May

10th and 11th.

*8:46 AM 5/12/2017 EDT. New hepatitis C infections triple due to opioid epidemic.

FOX 61 - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"New hepatitis C virus infections in the United States nearly tripled between the years

2010 and 2015. The number of new nationally reported infections with the virus swelled

from 850 in 2010 to 2,436 cases in 2015, with the highest rates among young ..."

**Advertisements on TV say "baby boomers" should be tested for hepatitis C. "Baby

boomers" are defined as those who were born between 1943 and 1960. I missed the cut

by 1 year (1942), but I requested the test from Dr. Kwok and I tested negative for hepatitis

A, B and C. Everyone should get tested. If they catch it early enough it can be cured.