Friday, May 19, 2017

"Why must women suffer the wants of man?"

Google search: About 699,000,000 results (1.19 seconds).

No results found for "Why must women suffer the wants of man?"

**Yesterday following my posts in the morning I went outdoors to spread the rest of the

black mulch and to sow the rest of grass seed I had. I then ran over the grass seed in the

brown bare places in the yard.

I later went to Walmart to buy Scot's Commercial Grass seed, wild bird seed, a new bird

feeder, Dona Maria Tender Cactus in the Hispanic aisle and some other things which I can't

think of right now. When leaving the store I saw that my GoPro webcam had stopped

at 2 seconds. The company is in the Pacific Time Zone so I'll have to wait awhile

before phoning them. When I got back to the house I watered the places in the yard where

I had sowed the grass seed.

**Today's weather is forecasted to partly cloudy skies with a high temperature of only 65°

as compared to yesterday's temperature of almost 90°.

After my postings are completed for this morning I plan to sow the remaining bare places

in the yard with grass seed, run over the seeded places with the mower and then water the

new bare places as well as those I seeded yesterday.

*5:08 AM 5/19/2017 EDT.  Iranian Women Fear Gains Will Be Lost If Rouhani Loses

Election. NBCNews.com - ‎56 minutes ago‎.

*5:14 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Trump Goes to Saudi Arabia: Why the President Is Guaranteed a

Win He Badly Needs. Fox News - ‎1 hour ago.‎

"President Trump will receive an effusive welcome here from his royal hosts determined to

underscore that once again Saudi Arabia and the U.S."

**We can see from above 2 nations that are Islamic and their Bible is the Quran. What do

both say about women being ruled by men? I will copy and paste a few excerpts from

both the Quran and the Bible:

The Quran or Koran:

Quran (4:34) - "Men are in charge of women, because Allah hath made the one of them to

excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So

good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah hath guarded. As for

those from whom ye fear rebellion, admonish them and banish them to beds apart, and

scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them."

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them."

Quran (33:59) - "Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw

their cloaks close round them..." Men determine how women dress.

Quran (33:33) - "And abide quietly in your homes..." Women are confined to their homes

except when they have permission to go out.

Quran (66:5) - "Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better

than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins."

disobedient wife can be replaced.

Sahih Bukhari (88:219) - "Never will succeed such a nation as makes a woman their ruler."

**The British Empire has had several women rulers including Prime Minister Theresa May

today and, frankly, I believe they are doing quite well.

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how

ye will." Wives are to be sexually available to their husbands in all ways at all times. They

serve their husbands at his command. This verse is believed to refer to anal sex (see

Bukhari 60:51), and was "revealed" when women complained to Muhammad about the

practice. The phrase "when and how you will" means that they lost their case.

**Enough is enough.

The Bible:

Ephesians 5:23 ESV

For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body,

and is himself its Savior.

1 Timothy 2:11-15 ESV

Ephesians 5:22 ESV

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to

remain quiet.

1 Corinthians 11:3-16 ESV

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is

her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his

head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head

uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a wife

will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a

wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. For a man ought not to

cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. ...

**Similar to the Koran.

Genesis 3:16 ESV

To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall

bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

**Again, enough is enough.

ORIGINS OF WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE IN THE U.S.

During America’s early history as a nation, women were denied some of the key rights

enjoyed by male citizens. For example, married women couldn’t own property and had no

legal claim to any money they might earn, and no female had the right to vote. Women

were expected to focus on housework and motherhood, not politics.

Did You Know?

Wyoming, the first state to grant voting rights to women, was also the first state to elect a

female governor. Nellie Tayloe Ross (1876-1977) was elected governor of the Equality

State (Wyoming's official nickname) in 1924. From 1933 to 1953, she served as the first

female director of the U.S. Mint.

The campaign for woman suffrage did not begin in earnest in the decades before the Civil

War. During the 1820s and 1830s, various reform groups proliferated across the U.S.—

temperance clubs, religious movements and moral-reform societies, anti-slavery

organizations—and in a number of these, women played a prominent role. Meanwhile,

many American women were beginning to chafe against what historians have called the

“Cult of True Womanhood”; that is, the idea that the only “true” woman was a pious,

submissive wife and mother concerned exclusively with home and family. Put together,

these factors contributed to a new way of thinking about what it meant to be a woman and

a citizen in the United States.

The National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House was the home of the legendary American

civil rights leader during the 40 most politically active years of her life, and the site of her

famous arrest for voting in 1872. This home was the headquarters of the National

American Woman Suffrage Association when she was its president. This is also where she

died in 1906 at age 86, following her "Failure is Impossible" speech in Baltimore. Come

visit through the Photo Gallery, browse through the merchandise in our museum shop, and

learn about our ever-expanding programs. Best yet, come see us in person! It's an

incredible and inspiring story that you just don't want to miss!

**The believers of Koran and the Bible, to a lesser extent, concerning man's relationship to

woman, remain, for the most, in the "Dark Ages" to my way of thinking.

What's wrong about a woman and a man being equal, caring about each other in order to

perform an almost perfect union?

*6:48 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Sweden Has Dropped Its Case Against Julian Assange.

BuzzFeed News - ‎44 minutes ago‎.

"The country's prosecutor said that all prospects of pursuing the investigation had been

exhausted, adding Assange's continued evasion of legal proceedings had been a factor in

the decision."

*6:55 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Julian Assange: Sweden Drops Rape Investigation Into

WikiLeaks Founder. NBCNews.com - 12 minutes ago.

"Sweden's public prosecution service said its director Marianne Ny in a press conference in

Stockholm on Friday morning, said that if Assange were to return to Sweden before the

statute of limitations for the crime elapses in August 2020, then the preliminary

investigation could be reopened. London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement that

they remain obliged to execute a warrant for Assange issued by Westminster Magistrates'

Court following his failure to surrender to the court in 2012, and that Assange "remains

wanted for a much less serious offence."

**WikiLeaks has no connection to Wikipedia. Is Julian Assange guilty rape? A fair trial in

the U.S. is guaranteed by the 6th Admentment. Why do I like Julian Assange if he is not

found guilty eventually of rape? I believe also in the 1st Amendment guaranteeing free

speech.

*9:09 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Biden knocks Clinton: Not a 'great' candidate.

Fox News - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"Former Vice President Joe Biden took a swipe at Hillary Clinton on Thursday, saying upon

further reflection she wasn't a “great candidate” for president."

**That sure surprised me!

*9:33 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Soon you'll be able to voice chat with YouTube commenters in

VR (Virtual Reality?). TechCrunch - ‎20 hours ago‎.

"Have you ever wanted to come face to face with YouTube commenters? Yeah, me neither.

Nevertheless! Today, Google announced that instead of adding text.."

**I'm not interested, YouTube. I don't have chat turned on on Facebook. I don't have the

time because it's taking too much time uploading and filling in information on my videos to

your web site.

*9:45 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Joe Lieberman emerges as Trump's top choice for FBI director.

Fox News - ‎17 hours ago‎.

"President Trump said Thursday he is “very close” to naming a new FBI director to replace

James Comey, and his leading contender is former Democratic Sen. Joe Lieberman."

**I like Joe Lieberman. He is both a Jew and a Independent. I'm also an Independent and

born in the same year as Mr. Lieberman (1942). I believe he is the best man for the job.

*9:55 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. There's moss in Antarctica now, and it's getting even greener

E&E News - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"A new study has found a steady growth of moss in Antarctica over the last 50 years as

temperatures increased as a result of climate change."

**Is it Global Warming or, for the most part, is it the natural changing of the earth? You

decide because I don't know.

*10:00 AM 5/19/2017 EDT. Many Sunscreens Don't Meet Their SPF Claims: Consumer

Reports. NBC Chicago - ‎14 minutes ago‎.

"Consumer Reports tested more than 60 sun screens and reports that many brands failed

to meet the SPF claims on the bottles. (Published Thursday, May 18, 2017).

If you think all sunscreens are created equal, think again.

Consumer Reports has released its annual list of top sunscreens as well as a warning about

the SPF number on some bottles: If you put too much faith in them, you could be putting

your skin at risk.

SPF, which stands for sun protection factor, measures how well a sunscreen guards against

ultraviolet B (UVB) rays, the chief cause of sunburn and a contributor to skin cancer.

For the fifth year in a row, Consumer Reports found some sunscreens during testing failed

to provide the level of protection promised on the package. In fact, of the more than 60

products tested, 23 were found to have less than half of the labeled SPF number.

The Food and Drug Administration requires manufacturers to have their products tested to

determine the SPF because sunscreens are classified as over-the-counter drugs. However,

the agency doesn’t routinely test sunscreens itself and manufacturers don’t have to report

their results to the FDA unless the agency requests them.

According to Consumer Reports, an FDA official at a public meeting in June 2016 said the

agency only had the resources for 30 employees to cover more than 100,000 over-the-

counter drugs, which limits what they can do to oversee sunscreens.

"Manufacturers test sunscreens for SPF before their products hit the market, but unless

they are reformulated, that may be the only testing they do. That’s one reason CR tests

sunscreens," Trisha Calvo, Consumer Reports Health Editor, said.

The agency found a number of sunscreens that provide solid protection against sunburn,

skin cancer and wrinkles and are also a good value.

Below are 14 recommended sunscreens that received excellent overall ratings:

COPPERTONE - Clearly Sheer Lotion, SPF 50, $7

NEUTROGENA - CoolDry Sport Lotion, SPF 30, $9.50

NEUTROGENA - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Lotion, SPF 45, $9.50

HAWAIIAN TROPIC - Sheer Touch Ultra Radiance Lotion, SPF 50, $10.50

WELL AT WALGREENS - Baby Lotion, SPF 50, $3

COPPERTONE - Sport High Performance Lotion, SPF 50, $12

Source: Many Sunscreens Don’t Meet Their SPF Claims: Consumer Reports | NBC Chicago

Claims-Consumer-Reports-423013064.html#ixzz4hX8qgnvK

**I try to spray sunscreen on my exposed body about every hour or so when I'm outdoors

working in the flower beds and the yard. I picked up a spray can of sunscreen yesterday

and discovered it was SPF 15. When I bought it I was looking at the price and not the SPF

rating. But it seems to work. My back does not sting when I take a shower. I either bought

the spray bottles at Walmart, Rite Aid or CVS.