Tuesday, May 23, 2017

"Why must we not always tell the truth?"

No results found for "Why must we not always tell the truth?"

**Yesterday I received my DNA Kit from Ancestry.com. and I'm anxious to spit in onto the

pad, enclose it in to a prepaid envelope and return it to the company. I would like to have

just a small part of me to be another nationality other than pure German. I guess I'm

somewhat envious of those island people I met in Las Vegas who have a background of

numerous nationalities.

I mowed most of the grass, pulled out the American flags that were there for Armed Forces

Day and then drove Bill to Wooster. While sitting in Honda and waiting I made 2 videos

and I hope to have 1 for you to view today?

**4:44 AM 5/23/2017 EDT. The weather for today calls for a high temperature of 74° with

cloudy skies. As you can see by the time I'm getting an early start today and I should be

able to spend much of the rest of the day in the flower beds and the yard. I need to spray

more weed killer, sow some more grass seed, plant 4 plants, spread 2 bags of black mulch

and weed the flower beds. I hope I have time for all this?

*6:35 AM 5/23/2017. I just posted to Facebook and saw that my sharing of postcards is

not work‌ing so that you can see the postcard. Sorry!  I'll fix it.

*8:40 AM 5/23/2017 EDT. I just fixed it I hope.

**"Liar, liar, pants on fire."

I like the National Geographic magazine, probably my favorite magazine. I received a copy

in the mail yesterday along with my DNA Kit. The headline read: WHY WE LIE.

The magazine goes on to say starting on page 30 that "telling the truth comes naturally,

but lying takes effort and a sharp, flexible mind." (Bruno Verschuere). The 13 to 17 age

teens tell the most lies, 59% telling 1-5 lies, 15% telling more than 5 lies in 1 day with

26% telling no lies.

In my grouping ages 60-77, who tell the least lies,  34% tell 1-5 lies a day, 10% tell more

than 5 lies a day with 56% telling no lies.

Police are taught to lie so they can get someone to tell the truth? I've had a lot of

confrontations with the police in my 74 years, but I don't remember any of them telling

lies to me, maybe they believed I hadn't broken any laws? But I've known people who

were lied to by the police to get them to tell the truth.  The police should be able to get to

the truth by telling the truth if they're smart enough. There is something wrong with that.

Telling a lie is a SIN.

From the Bible to name just a few:

^Leviticus 19:11

‘Do not steal. “ ‘Do not lie. “ ‘Do not deceive one another.

^ Proverbs 12:22

The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy.

^Proverbs 14:5

An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies.

^Ephesians 4:29

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for

building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

^Colossians 3:9

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices

^Revelation 22:15

Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers,

the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/lying-bible-verses/

From the Quran:

Lying is the 17th greatest sin.

"Lying is one of the greatest sins

A tradition from the Holy Prophet (S) declares,

“Beware I inform you regarding the greatest of the mortal sins: Associating anything with

Allah, disobeying parents and lying!”

A similar tradition has been quoted from Imam Hasan al-Askari (a.s.) also,

“All the evils have been locked in a room and its key is lying.

Quotes About Lying

^Mark Twain

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”

^Friedrich Nietzsche

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”

^George Carlin

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”

― George Carlin

^S.E. Hinton

“I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me.”

^Benjamin Disraeli

“There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics.”

^George Washington

“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.”

^Patti Callahan Henry

“Cheating and lying aren't struggles, they're reasons to break up.”

*5:59 AM 5/23/2017 EDT. Lone attacker blew self up at Manchester concert killing 22,

including children, say police.

Washington Post - 36 minutes ago.

By Griff Witte and Karla Adam May 23 at 5:37 AM. Copy and pasted from full article.

"LONDON — A lone attacker blew himself up at a pop concert filled with teenagers and

their parents killing 22 people in an apparent effort to harm as many young people as

possible in the English city of Manchester, police said Tuesday, describing it as a terror

attack."

Hundreds of police officers swarmed through the city in the aftermath of the blast at the

performance by an American pop singer, trying to determine if the suicide bomber acted

alone or was part of a larger network. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the blast,

which also injured 59 others.

Messages of support poured in from around the world, including from President Trump.

“We stand in absolute solidarity with the people of the United Kingdom,” he said at a press

conference in Bethlehem, and called those responsible “evil losers in life.”

In France, the scene of several terrorist attacks over the past year, French Prime Minister

Edouard Philippe called on people to be vigilant in the face of “a threat which is more

present than ever before.”

Andy Burnham, the mayor of Greater Manchester, called it an “evil act” but praised the

“spirit of Manchester that will prevail and hold us together.”

He said that Manchester is “grieving today, but we are strong.”

BBC reported that flags at the prime minister’s residence on Downing Street were at half

mast.

If confirmed as a terrorist attack, it would be the worst strike on British soil since 2005,

when Islamist extremists bombed the London subway and a bus, killing 54 people .

The blast occurred about 10:30 p.m., minutes after pop star Ariana Grande had finished

her set. Grande, who is wildly popular both in Britain and the United States, was not

injured in the attack. She expressed her sorrow in a tweet hours after the explosion,

saying she was “broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so sorry. i don’t have words.”

mast.

Britain has been on high alert for a major attack for several years, with authorities saying

that a mass-casualty attack was likely.

**Let the above article speak for itself. I don't have the words for such an evil act right

now.

**8:11 AM 5/23/2017 EDT. Update from the Washington Post at the bottom right hand

corner of my computer screen. ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) have claimed

responsibility for the terrorist's bombing in Manchester.

*6:39 AM 5/23/2017 EDT.  Iran's Rouhani: We will not wait for US's permission to test

ballistic missiles. Fox News - ‎18 hours ago.‎

"Iranian President Hassan Rouhani gave a press conference in Tehran, Iran, on Monday

where he called relations with the U.S. a "curvy road."

**It's just like I told you yesterday: "Maybe the only friends Iran has left is North Korea

and ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria)? Iran is doing the same that North Korea is

doing. They're "best buddies" and loose cannons.

*7:18 AM 5/23/2017 EDT. England’s greatest football club revealed… average position over

past 50 years compared.

"WHICH club have been the best team in England over the past 50 years?"

By Jack Watts / Published 23rd May 2017.

years-Ultimate-League-sportgalleries.

**Jack Watts believes it's Chelsea.

As I told you before that when I went to high school we did not play soccer and I do not

understand the game completely. I went to high school from 1957 to 1961.

"Two professional soccer leagues were started in 1967, the United Soccer Association and

the National Professional Soccer League, which merged to form the North American Soccer

League in 1968. The NASL enjoyed a significant boost in popularity when the New York

Cosmos signed PelĂ© to play for three seasons in 1975–77.

Soccer is the third most played team sport in the U.S., behind only basketball and baseball.

The popularity of soccer in the U.S. has been growing since the 1960s and 1970s."

*8:21 AM 5/23/2017 EDT. Bill Cosby trial: 5 jurors selected as 1/3 of jury pool admits

they've already formed opinion on his guilt. Fox News - ‎20 hours ago‎.

"Five jurors have been selected on Monday in the Bill Cosby sexual assault case that starts

June 5 in suburban Philadelphia. Three white men were chosen for the jury along with two

white females, Fox News has learned."

**Sad, sad and sad. The man who was a father figure to most of the world has gone down

in disgrace as others including Bill Clinton and Anthony Wiener.  Until he is jailed for a long

time, a locked corset and handcuffs to prevent fondling would be an ideal punishment.

*8:47 AM 5/23/2017 EDT.  Filtered Cigarettes Caused Rise in Most Common Type of Lung

Cancer. Healthline - ‎15 hours ago‎.

"Lung cancer rates are down, but not for adenocarcinoma - and cigarette filters are the

culprit...."

**I've been smoking for a lot of years and although I've tried it's very hard to quit.

Like most smokers' I smoke filtered cigarettes. I have a Top's cigarette making machine

and just buy the non-filtered tubes for making the cigarettes without a filter or I'm sure

they sell the unfiltered kind.