Friday, May 26, 2017

26 May 17 1124 EDT - no Postcrossing today - subscribe

"God does not want us to rely on her/him alone."

No results found for "God does not want us to rely on her/him alone."

**My use of God refers to all religion's God.

**It rained almost all day yesterday. A rain that's gentle upon the earth and not a

downpour. A rains that the farmers' enjoy.

So I stayed indoors most of the day and finally I was able to place a blue, square subscribe

button on my stories (blog). I've probably tried for 2 months or so but never gave up hope.

I believe I now have subscribe buttons on my stories (blogs) and my own videos I've

uploaded to YouTube. My subscribe button on YouTube is also blue, my favorite color,

and is shaped much like a caterpillar about 1 inch and 1/2 long.

**I won't post a Postcrossing story today because all I have to post are those postcards I

need to mail and they're not ready yet.

The weather for today calls for a high temperature of 68° with cloudy skies. It should be

a good day for finally planting the about 10 discounted plants I bought at Lowes and

pulling weeds because the ground is so soft and moist.

I need to drive to Wooster today and may stop again at Lowes to look at their discounted

flowers.

I also plan to make 2 videos of the yard and flower beds if the wind is not so strong. I've

already made 2 videos but the wind velocity interfered with the audio and I'll eventually

delete them that I've uploaded to YouTube.

I also need to complete the DNA Kit that I received several days ago from ancestryDNA.

7:00 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. I just went online and activated my DNA Kit and hopefully will

place it in the outgoing mail today.

7:48 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. I read the instructions on the DNA KIT that said don't drink, eat

or smoke 30 minutes prior to spitting into the pad. I'll just wait until tomorrow morning

when I get up.

**I know someone, nameless of course, who was very close to dying. I advised this person

to exercise every part of their body. I took awhile but this person finally tried it and this

person is next to being well today. I'm sure God had a partial hand in this person's healing,

but God does not want us to rely on prayer alone.

I've told you many times before, as I do daily, "the expenditure of energy creates energy."

I move almost constantly whether indoors or outdoors except when I stand typing on my

computer on the top of my dresser which I'm doing right now.

*5:54 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. Trump chastises fellow NATO (North Atlantic Treaty

Organization) members, demands they meet payment obligations.

Washington Post - ‎10 hours ago‎.

"BRUSSELS - President Trump exported the confrontational, nationalist rhetoric of his

campaign across the Atlantic on Thursday, scolding European leaders for not footing more

of the bill for their own defense and lecturing them to stop taking advantage ..."

**Both U. S. Representative to NATO, Earle D. Litzenberger, ChargĂ© d'Affaires a.i since

January 20, 2017 have addressed this issue of paying more of their own way in the defense

of their country.

The U. S. spends $35 billion on foreign aid and foreign military aid to:

The top five recipients of foreign military financing in 2014, according to the report:

1. Israel:       $3.1 billion.

2. Egypt:       $1.3 billion.

3. Iraq:         $300 million.

3. Jordan:     $300 million.

5. Pakistan:  $280 million.

"Nov 11, 2015 - Seventy-five percent of U.S. foreign military financing goes to two ...

relative size of countries based on how much U.S. military aid they receive." (Israel and

Egypt).

www.cnn.com/2015/11/11/politics/us-foreign-aid-report/

"$41.9 BILLION planned in foreign assistance for FY 2017....

Today, the U.S. manages foreign assistance programs in more than 100 countries around

the world through the efforts of over 20 different U.S. government agencies."

I thought about this from time to time. I believe that if the United States would reduce

their foreign-aid by 321.4 million the government could send every person in the U. S. a

million dollars. Census: population: 321.4 (2015). I'd sure like that, a lot.

*7:31 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. Attack in Egypt: Gunmen reportedly open fire on bus carrying

Coptic Christians in Egypt, killing at least 23. Fox News - ‎31 minutes ago‎.

"Gunmen opened fire on a bus carrying Coptic Christians traveling just south of Cairo

Friday, killing 23 and injuring 25, Egyptian state TV reported."

"“Coptic” means “Egyptian,” and Christians living in Egypt identify themselves as Coptic

Christians. As a denomination they originated in the city of Alexandria, one of the most

faithful, respected, and fruitful cities during the Apostolic Period. Proudly, the Coptic

Christians acknowledge and herald John Mark, (author of the Gospel of Mark), as their

founder and first bishop sometime between A.D. 42 - A.D. 62. The Coptic Church was

actually involved in the very first major split in the Church, well before there was such a

thing as "Roman" Catholicism, and it was also well before the East/West split.

Crusades

"The Crusades were a series of religious wars sanctioned by the Latin Church in the

medieval period, especially the campaigns in the Eastern Mediterranean aimed at

recovering the Holy Land from Islamic rule. The term "Crusades" is also applied to other

church-sanctioned campaigns fought to combat paganism and heresy, to resolve conflict

among rival Roman Catholic groups, or to gain political or territorial advantage. At the time

of the early Crusades the word "Crusade" did not exist: instead, the terms iter, for journey,

or peregrinatio, for pilgrimage, were used. Not until the word crucesignatus, for one who

was signed with the cross, was adopted at the close of the 12th century was specific

terminology developed. The Middle English equivalents for the Old French croiserie began

adoption in the 13th–15th centuries. "Croisade" appeared in English around 1575, and

continued to be the leading form until around 1760."

**I'm assuming the gunmen are followers of Islam. Will the war/Crusade ever end

between the Muslims and Christians with handshakes and a peace agreement?

Keep telling like it is, President Trump.

*10:00 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. Today in Trumpworld -- May 26. Politico - ‎1 hour ago‎.

By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM 05/26/2017. 08:30 AM EDT.

"TRUMP’S SCHEDULE: President Donald Trump is in Sicily, Italy for the G-7. He held a

bilateral meeting on Friday morning with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, participated

in a welcome ceremony for G-7 leaders and participated in a luncheon and working

sessions. Tonight, he will attend a dinner hosted by Italian President Sergio Mattarella.

OTHER HAPPENINGS: Vice President Mike Pence will deliver the commencement address at

the Naval Academy at 10 a.m."

**It looks like both President Trump and Vice President Pence are enjoying staying away

from the chaos at the White House. I said yesterday that President Trump could be the first

time traveling president and lead the country through twittering to the White House and

just what I said about that traitor, Jane Fonda, Jane call home 1-800-Hanoi, Vice-President

Pence could respond to calls while traveling 1-800-White House.

*10:18 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. The Nation. What to know about Ramadan, Islam's holiest

month. ABC News - ‎14 minutes ago‎.

"For the 30 days in the month of Ramadan, religious Muslims will abstain from eating and

drinking between sunrise and sunset. Why? Muslims view the fasting as an exercise in

self-control and as an opportunity to cleanse their mind, body and spirit."

**The beginning of Ramadan will start at different times depending on the moon sighting.

Islam countries who begin Ramadan, from what I've read, will start anywhere between

May 25 (yesterday) and May 28. The last day of Ramadan 2017 in United States of America

will begin in the evening of Friday, May 26, and ends in the evening of Saturday, June 24.

"“And men who fast and women who fast…God has prepared for them forgiveness and a

vast reward.”" ( Holy Qur’an 33:35)....

Every year in the ninth lunar month of the Islamic calendar, Muslims around the world

abstain from food, drink, vain talk and certain other actions from before sunrise until after

sunset."

I always thought that Ramadan was pure, not eating or drinking, like Moses did for 40

days and nights (exodus/34-28). But this is another thing I've learned.

*10:49 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. Mark Zuckerberg tells Harvard grads that automation will take

jobs, and it's up to millennials to create more. Chicago Tribune - ‎2 hours ago.‎

"Mark Zuckerberg finally has his Harvard degree. The Facebook CEO and famous college

dropout left the Ivy League university 12 years ago to found the social network, but he

returned Thursday to pick up a honorary doctor of laws degree ...."

**I do a lot of posting to Facebook as some of you know.

Mark Zuckerburg says he is not liberal leaning, but we all know the truth.

*10:57 AM 5/26/2017 EDT. Deaths from Alzheimer's disease in the US have risen by 55%,

says CDC. CNN - ‎55 minutes ago.‎

"The rate of people dying from Alzheimer's disease in the United States rose by 55% over a

15-year period, new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows."

**As I said under I HAVE SOMETHING ON MY MIND from above:

A hundred years ago people had to move to get things done and didn't know about

processed food. People are now "couch potatoes" and eat foods that are processed more

than 1 time. This is the reason we are seeing an increase in Alzheimer's disease.