Wednesday, May 31, 2017

"Oh what would we do without our cellular phones?"

Google search: About 69,200,000 results (1.78 seconds).

No results found for "Oh what would we do without our cellular phones?"

**After I finished with my postings of my story of the day and Postcrossing, I spent most

of the late afternoon planting the discounted plants I purchased at Lowes. I also moved

some plants because they needed 1 to 3 hours, 3 to 6 in the morning sun or full sun or

partial shade. If a plant looks forlorn and maybe dying, I need to move it. If the tag is no

longer attached it's just trial and error.

I also filled all the bird feeders with wild bird seed.

After finishing what I wanted to do in the yard, I showered, dressed and then went to Rite

Aid in Orrville for prescription medications, then drove to Ace Hardware for a 7 plug outlet

with a 4 foot cord that I needed for about $20.

After returning to the house, I publish 2 more videos and have 6 that I've uploaded to

YouTube that need to be processed and published.

**Today I need to drive Bill to the VA (Veterans Administration) hospital in Cleveland.

We are leaving 2 hours early at 12:00 PM to make his 2:00 PM appointment. We'll

encounter the lunch hour rush, the last time he had an earlier appointment and because of

the morning rush hour, we were late for his appointment.

The weather forecast for today calls for a high temperature of 74° and partly cloudy skies.

Right now the temperature is 58°, the humidity is 65% with dark clouds maybe indicating

rain.

**I purchased my first cellular phone, which was not a flip phone, in Virginia just before

my Mother passed to Heaven. The carrier is Total Wireless sold only at Walmart. I pay $25

plus tax each month which is taken from my credit card account. I also received a

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia area code, 540.

I have received numerous phone calls from 540-_ _ _- _ _ _ _.  I don't mean to be mean,

but I won't answer calls from perfect strangers although all my friends are perfect

strangers. My friends, strangers, are the ones who talk face-to-face with me.

And maybe I don't have time to talk "small talk" on the phone.

When it gets right down to it I really don't want you to feel I'm being rude, but the best

way to contact me is by email, please.

My email address is: fcaricofe@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Forrest.

*8:04 AM 5/31/2017 EDT. Dozens killed, hundreds injured in massive suicide car bombing

in Kabul. CBS News - ‎51 minutes ago‎.

"Last Updated May 31, 2017 7:23 AM EDT. KABUL, Afghanistan - A massive explosion

rocked a highly secure diplomatic area of Kabul Wednesday morning, causing casualties

and sending a huge plume of smoke over the Afghan capital."

*8:07 AM 5/31/2017 EDT. Over 200 dead, thousands displaced in Sri Lanka mudslides,

floods. CBS News - 31 minutes ago.

Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen?

Gary Zimak • April 19, 2013.

According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC):

"Angels and men, as intelligent and free creatures, have to journey toward their ultimate

destinies by their free choice and preferential love. They can therefore go astray. Indeed,

they have sinned. Thus has moral evil, incommensurably more harmful than physical evil,

entered the world. God is in no way, directly or indirectly, the cause of moral evil. He

permits it, however, because he respects the freedom of his creatures and, mysteriously,

knows how to derive good from it." (CCC 311)

Why would a loving God allow death and suffering?

by Dr Jonathan Sarfati

Summary:

"The origin of death and suffering is vitally important in defending Christianity, and many

people use the present suffering and death as an excuse not to believe. So it is vital to

have an answer―such a justification of God’s goodness in the face of evil is known as a

theodicy.

The big picture is that Adam’s sin is the reason for all the death in the world. A consistent

biblical answer points out that death is an intruder, so it is not part of God’s original

creation, but is ultimately due to man’s sin.

However, according to theology that accommodates long ages, death has always been with

us, and theistic evolution even says that God used this ‘last enemy’ as His means of

producing His “very good” creation!"

1 Corinthians 16:13-14. New International Version (NIV).

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love.

Violence

Does the Quran really contain over a hundred verses promoting violence?

"The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the

sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers

and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called

'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, most verses of violence in the

Quran are open-ended, meaning that they are not necessarily restrained by historical

context contained in the surrounding text (although many Muslims choose to think of

them that way). They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as

relevant or subject to interpretation as anything else in the Quran.

The context of violent passages is more ambiguous than might be expected of a perfect

book from a loving God. Most contemporary Muslims exercise a personal choice to

interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about

justifiable violence. Islam apologists cater to these preferences with tenuous arguments

that gloss over historical fact and generally don't stand up to scrutiny.  Still, it is important

to note that the problem is not bad people, but bad ideology.

Unfortunately, there are very few verses of tolerance and peace to balance out the many

that call for nonbelievers to be fought and subdued until they either accept humiliation,

convert to Islam, or are killed. Muhammad's own martial legacy, along with the remarkable

stress on violence found in the Quran, have produced a trail of blood and tears across

world history.

Of the 109 verses, I have just listed a few:

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the

other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall

bestow a vast reward." The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led

meekly to the slaughter. These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death

and destruction for the cause of Allah. This is the theological basis for today's suicide

bombers.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger

and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or

crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be

imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they

shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had

made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and

disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people."

Humiliating and hurting non-believers not only has the blessing of Allah, but it is ordered

as a means of carrying out his punishment and even "heals" the hearts of Muslims.

Quran (9:20) - "Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth

and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they

who are triumphant." The Arabic word interpreted as "striving" in this verse is the same

root as "Jihad". The context is obviously holy war.

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that

forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the

religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with

willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." "People of the Book" refers to Christians

and Jews. According to this verse, they are to be violently subjugated, with the sole

justification being their religious status. Verse 9:33 tells Muslims that Allah has charted

them to make Islam "superior over all religions." This chapter was one of the final

"revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which

Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the

next 100 years. Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths.

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The

Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of

those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the

people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true

against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction." Note that the crime is moral

transgression, and the punishment is "utter destruction." (Before ordering the 9/11

attacks, Osama bin Laden first issued Americans an invitation to Islam).

Quran (18:65-81) - This parable lays the theological groundwork for honor killings, in

which a family member is murdered because they brought shame to the family, either

through apostasy or perceived moral indiscretion.

Sahih Bukhari (11:626) - [Muhammad said:] "I decided to order a man to lead the prayer

and then take a flame to burn all those, who had not left their houses for the prayer,

burning them alive inside their homes."

Sahih Muslim (20:4645) - "...He (the Messenger of Allah) did that and said: There is

another act which elevates the position of a man in Paradise to a grade one hundred

(higher), and the elevation between one grade and the other is equal to the height of the

heaven from the earth. He (Abu Sa'id) said: What is that act? He replied: Jihad in the way

of Allah! Jihad in the way of Allah!"

Sahih Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'One who

died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination)

for Jihad died the death of a hypocrite.'"

Sahih Muslim (19:4321-4323) - Three separate hadith in which Muhammad shrugs over the

news that innocent children were killed in a raid by his men against unbelievers. His

response: "They are of them (meaning the enemy)."

©2002 - 2017 Site developed by TheReligionofPeace.Com

All Rights Reserved

Any comments can be directed to the Editor.

**I've copied and pasted this from above: Sahih Muslim (19:4321-4323) - Three separate

hadith in which Muhammad shrugs over the news that innocent children were killed in a

raid by his men against unbelievers. His response: "They are of them (meaning the

enemy)."

You might remember the attack by Pakistani Taliban on the Army Public School in

Peshawar, Pakistan on December 16, 2014 in which 169 school children and 5 teachers

were killed.

When I was in Virginia either helping or taking care of Mother, I remember asking 2

Baptist believers, 1 a Baptist preacher, if they would forgive the Pakistani Taliban here on

earth. Their answer was a definite NO.

I also ask a Brethren (maybe the preacher woman I talked about yesterday) and a

Mennonite and their answer was a different, YES.

My answer is NO.

I believe that both of these answers align with the following:

If a terrorist would come over the hill, do we go down on bended knees and beg for life or

choose to stand and fight?

I will always choose to stand and fight.

*8:44 AM 5/31/2017 EDT. US Missile Defense Successfully Shoots Down ICBM in First

Live-Fire Test of Its Kind. Space.com - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"A U.S. Ground-Based Interceptor launches from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California

on May 30, 2017 during a successful live-fire missile defense test."

**I bet that corpulent little dictator of North Korea is jealous.

.*8:47 AM 5/31/2017 EDT. Russian warships fire cruise missiles at Islamic State positions

in Syria. Fox News - ‎3 hours ago.

"Russian warships in the Mediterranean Sea fired four cruise missiles at Islamic State

militants in Syria, officials said Wednesday."

**Let's see, I'm going to try and figure this out. Russia is on the, Syrian dictator, Assad's

side against the U. S. who are fighting along with the rebels against Assad. Russia is now

firing missiles on ISIS positions who have no allies except other terrorists groups like

Hesbolaw and others. It confuses me, maybe you can figure it out?

"Whose on first, whose on second?"

*9:25 AM 5/31/2017 EDT. Intel Announces New X-Series High-End Desktop Processors

And New i9 Line. Forbes - ‎19 hours ago.‎

"At Computex 2017, Intel made a series of major announcements regarding their latest

high-end processor offerings. This included the introduction of a new X-series of

processors which are designed to be the company's high-end performance platform...."

**I have 2 HP 15 computers, 1 for me and 1 I bought for the rest of the house.

This one has been a little slow lately maybe because I have a lot of videos being edited on

YouTube or maybe it's just getting older like me. I'll have to check it out.