Monday, May 8, 2017

"Is it a sin for us all to be vengeful?"

About 41,700,000 results (1.01 seconds).

Google search: No results found for "Is it a sin for us all to be vengeful?"

**I accomplished very little yesterday in the yard and flower beds except for planting 6

plants/flowers that I had purchased from Loews several days ago. I also did some weeding

in the multiple flower beds which needs to be done often to prevent them (weeds) from

taking the nutrition from the plants and flowers.

**Today I need to drive Bill to his heart doctor in Wooster for his appointment at 11:00

AM.

After we return to the house I'll need to finish my postings and then hopefully have time

to work in the yard and flower beds. I'm in no hurry to spread the black mulch since much

of it remains from the last several years.

**7:17 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. I've just returned from outdoors from taking the trash

containers to the front of the house for Waste Management to pickup.

The weather today calls for a high temperature of 53°, it's 44° right now, and full sun and

high temperatures for the next few days in the lower 60s.

**Is vengeance a sin according to God's laws? In a way I believe almost everyone is

vengeful including me. The following are taken from the Bible except my reference to

vengeance in my 378th post at the bottom:

Deuteronomy 32:35

'Vengeance is Mine, and retribution, In due time their foot will slip; For the day of their

calamity is near, And the impending things are hastening upon them.'

1 Samuel 26:10

David also said, "As the LORD lives, surely the LORD will strike him, or his day will come

that he dies, or he will go down into battle and perish.

1 Samuel 26:11

"The LORD forbid that I should stretch out my hand against the LORD'S anointed; but now

please take the spear that is at his head and the jug of water, and let us go."

Psalm 94:1

O LORD, God of vengeance, God of vengeance, shine forth!

Proverbs 20:22

Do not say, "I will repay evil"; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you.

Proverbs 24:29

Do not say, "Thus I shall do to him as he has done to me; I will render to the man

according to his work."

Jeremiah 51:36

Therefore thus says the LORD, "Behold, I am going to plead your case And exact full

vengeance for you; And I will dry up her sea And make her fountain dry.

Romans 12:17

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody.

Ephesians 4:27

and do not give the devil a foothold.

Romans 12:19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room ...

biblehub.com/romans/12-19.htm

Deuteronomy 32:35 It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their ...

biblehub.com/deuteronomy/32-35.htm

"vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord." 378th post -27 Feb 17 – 2148

Feb 28, 2017 - "vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord." 378th post -27 Feb 17 – 2148

Why do we watch TV programs like "Homicide Hunter," "Criminal Minds," " Law and

Order,"  "Forensic Files," "Deadly Women," "Cold Case Files,"  "Snapped,"  "The First 48"

among others?

Because we want justice/vengeance on the Unsub/perpetrator.

From all of the above my conclusion is that we are sinful by being vengeful.

*6:29 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. Facebook launches newspaper advertising campaign warning

users of 'fake news.' Irish Independent - ‎29 minutes ago.‎

"Facebook has launched a British newspaper advertising campaign to warn users of the

dangers of fake news, in the latest drive by the social media giant to tackle malicious

information ahead of a national election."

**Why would anyone want to publish "fake news" to the public? Why would I do it?

I can't think of a reason. The liberal media publishes enough "fake news" to sort out as to

to whether it's true or lie so we have enough "fake news" already.

*7:37 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. Trump travel ban challenge in appeals court Monday.

CNN - ‎54 minutes ago‎.

"President Donald Trump's travel ban is back in the spotlight Monday with a high-

stakes legal battle in front of a dozen federal judges in Richmond, Virginia."

**I told you before that I was born and grew up in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia.

Richmond is the capital city, but not the largest city, Virginia Beach is the most populated

city.

President Trump and his administration are busy with trying to maintain the travel ban,

dealing with refugee sanctuaries and many other things that Trump is doing to protect

American citizens. Why can't the people that are ‌in opposition to him see that?

*7:51 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. Texas governor signs bill banning sanctuary cities.

CNN - ‎1 hour ago‎.

"Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Sunday signed a bill that would ban sanctuary cities in his

state. The bill, which Abbott could be seen signing on Facebook Live Sunday evening,

establishes criminal and civil penalties for local government entities...."

**From above regarding Richmond, Virginia you can see that Governor Abbott has the

courage to do the right thing.

*8:00 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. Groups clash over removal of New Orleans Confederate

monuments. USA TODAY - ‎25 minutes ago‎.

**Sounds like the "Battle of New Orleans" all over again and that was on January 8, 1815.

Take Em Down NOLA (New Orleans, Louisiana, USA), an anti-monument group says that

the monuments are symbols of white supremacy.

I was born in the south and I'll tell you what I think. These monuments are part of our

history as a nation and differences of opinion almost like the differences of opinion we

have today that have, so far, not led to a civil war.

If we had been ruled by a dictator at one time like Lenin in Russia or Hitler in Germany

I would certainly agree with their monument destruction, but we've had no dictator, just

General Lee, Confederate Gen. P.G.T Beauregard and Confederate States of America

President Jefferson Davis, who like General Grant and his soldiers from the north that

fought for their beliefs.

*8:40 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. Box office report: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 blasts straight

to No. 1. EW.com - ‎17 hours ago.‎

"Summer movie season is blasting off, with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 beating out The

Fate of the Furious for the top spot at this weekend's box office."

**I'm not much of a movie goer but Ryan and I did go to the movies a couple of times in

Wooster in the last few years. My all time movie favorites have mostly been westerns like

the "Magnificant Seven," "True Grit", "Shane" and other movies that Harrison Ford has

played in. If everyone was like me, which they ain't, the movie industry would vanish

forever.

*8:52 AM 5/8/2017 EDT. Yankees edge Cubs in 18th inning and the teams combined for a

record 48 strikeouts. FOXSports.com - ‎5 hours ago.

**The Yankees swept the World Champion Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in Chicago. The

record 48 strikeouts meant a lot of batters either fouled off or entirely missed hitting the

baseball.